Account Executive - Inside Sales
Emerald is the largest operator of business-to-business trade shows in the United States, with our oldest trade shows dating back over 110 years. We currently operate more than 50 trade shows, including 31 of the top 250 trade shows in the country as ranked by TSNN, as well as numerous other events. Our events connect over 500,000 global attendees and exhibitors and occupy over 6.7 million NSF of exhibition space. We have been recognized with many awards and accolades that reflect our industry leadership as well as the importance of our shows to the exhibitors and attendees we serve.
Emerald Expositions, a leader in the b2b tradeshow industry, is seeking a motivated sales professional to join our ASD team (http://www.asdonline.com). We are searching for an ambitious hunter, with the ability to prospect and close new business leads that have been cultivated.In this role, you will be instrumental to the future growth of our show through networking, selling in new business, and building relationships in order to meet & exceed quarterly sales goals.You will drive an increase in year-on-year volume by establishing, developing and maintaining strong and meaningful relationships with key account personnel for all existing, returning, and new accounts.
- Increase show (s) exhibit and sponsorship sales YOY to exceed annual budget expectations, with a strong focus on prospecting new business.
- Develop leads through social media, as well as Hoovers, Dun and Bradstreet, and other research analytics.
- Build key exhibitor relationships, develop new prospects that are not currently in the database, and increase retention level rate of current exhibitor base through strong relationship building.
- Responsible for results reporting, tracking of projects and list development as well as data integrity.
- Assist accounting with collections of assigned sales prospects as needed.
- Strong client service, with both telephone and in-person sales prospecting skills.
- Ability to multi task in a deadline driven, goal oriented environment.
- Highly organized; excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Outlook, and CRM management (such as Salesforce).
- Ability to travel approximately 15% of the year for up to a week at a time
- 4-year college degree highly preferred
- Minimum of 4 years proven successful sales experience
- Experience in and comfort with a high outbound phone sales environment
- Experience in retail, merchandising, or tradeshow a plus but not required