For over 35 years, the Adrianna Papell Group, a fast-paced New York City based apparel company, has been focused on a single mission: “to make every woman feel beautiful.” With an artisanal attention to detail, the Adrianna Papell collections are best known for an elegance and flair that empowers women of all ages and silhouettes to feel their very best. Today, the Adrianna Papell Group has a substantial market share in the dress business and is distributed to all leading retailers in the United States.
Aidan Mattox is a contemporary bridge eveningwear division of the Adrianna Papell Group. The Aidan Mattox brand is known for its gala “Red Carpet” gowns and cocktail dresses created in fine fabrics and featuring novelty embellishments and embroidery.
The Aidan Mattox Division is looking for a self-motivated, energetic and talented Associate Designer, who is equipped to multi-task, to join our Design Team.
- Supports Aidan Mattox Designer
- Designing sketches and technical spec work
- Create design sheets and filling out relevant style & fabric information
- Create and distribute tech packs for samples
- Create mood/concept boards for each season
- Conduct research on the market to ensure we are competitive
- Participate in concept review and line building recaps, in addition to line review
- Identify seasonal fashion direction, assortment opportunities and merchandise trends for area of responsibility
- Manage fabric development and s/y charts
- Assist in fabric development for line; production and fit approvals
- Communicate with overseas offices on sample development
- Enter development styles into Blue Cherry program (will provide training)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion Design
- 3-5 years’ work experience (evening wear experience preferred)
- Strong fashion and creative senses, keen trend awareness
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel, Office, Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator, Web PLM program, etc.
- Basic knowledge of garment construction, pattern making, silhouettes, color concept, & fabrication
- Ability to anticipate needs of the team & have excellent time management skills
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines; must be highly detailed oriented, creative, & team oriented
TO APPLY: Please include your resume as a word document or PDF along with few samples of figure sketches, flat sketches, and sample of tech pack.