Business Development Manager
Fourth Floor (www.fourthfloor.com) is a leader in fashion recruiting, catering to the Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco, and Orange County markets. Entrenched in Fashion, Retail, Beauty, and Accessories, we partner with the biggest names in the industry to place creative freelance and full-time talent. We're committed to what we do. We listen. We make the right match between top talent and leading clients, cultivating career-long relationships.
Our client, a Leading Textiles Nonprofit, is actively seeking a Business Development Manager to join their innovative team in San Francisco. In this role, you will develop business opportunities and partnerships on the West Coast. You will utilize your exceptional interpersonal skills and strategic mindset to deliver results and achieve sales goals.
- Create and close opportunities with top sports/outdoor brands, retailers, and designers
- Build long-term partnership with a portfolio of customers; develop positive relationships with prospective new clients to increase business
- Establish the sales strategy for key accounts; implement and develop key account growth and strategy to recommend actions to meet goals
- Manage customer negotiations in relation to client’s commercial strategy and the customer’s trading terms
- Manage key account plan by executing the sales strategy
- Apply background knowledge of industry trends to deliver value propositions
- Identify opportunities for efficiency and profitability and overall improvement in the management of the account
- Minimum of 10+ years’ experience in sports or outdoor apparel industry
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Experience selling to C- or VP-level executives
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills in tough situations with both internal and external contacts
- Results-oriented, entrepreneurial, proactive
- Proven ability to achieve sales goals and successfully negotiate and close opportunities
- Superior understanding of sales and marketing strategy and planning issues
- Willingness to travel as needed
Please submit your resume for consideration.