Buyer - Intimates
FOREVER 21 has seen some remarkable accomplishments over the past 30 years.
With a goal to become an $8 billion company by 2017 and open 600 stores in the next three years, it’ll be exciting to see the company achieve in three years what it initially took 30 years to do.
Reports to: Sr. Product Developer
Direct Reports: Yes
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location: 3880 N Mission Los Angeles, CA 90031
Under the direction of the Sr. Product Developer, the Buyer will be responsible for procuring merchandise assortments for an average portion of the business. The Buyer will work to create the appropriate merchandise mix based on emerging market trends, along with meeting the assortment strategies established by management.
- Execute a merchandise assortment plan that supports the financial and merchandising objectives set by senior management
- Participate in weekly open-to-buy meetings with Planning & Allocation to ensure the department achieves financial targets for turn and sell-through goals
- Participate in fittings to evaluate the hanger appeal of a garment, making sure that it is salable
- Negotiate product quality, purchase quantity, landed cost, and delivery with vendors
- Conduct the initial garment selection, recommending to management the colors, trims, and fabric that work best with the garment
- Coordinate with cross-functional partners such as Production, Design, and Trend &Print in order to make sure designs are adoptable, costs are measured, and concepts are clearly defined
- Review weekly sales performance to identify potential re-order opportunities and recommend styles that require markdowns
- Perform continuous competitor and market analysis by researching various mediums for emerging trends in color, materials, and categories, in addition to price points and promotional campaigns from competitors
- Must have a BFA or related degree
- Must have 3-4 years of Intimate buying experience in a specialty retail environment
- Proven track record of success as an apparel buyer
- Must possess the ability to understand and act upon financial retail indicators such as sales, gross margin, inventory productivity, sell-through and turn
- Must be able to effectively communicate with Management and subordinates
- Must exhibit strong leadership and management capabilities