Director of Business Development
JBCStyle is the leading full-service recruiting agency with a focus on the Fashion, Beauty, Action Sports, Retail and Home industries.With over a decade of experience matching key brands with their ideal candidates, we are uniquely positioned to support our clients looking for top talent and or candidates looking to take the next step in their career(s).
Title of Job: Director of Custom and New Business Development
Location: New York City
Company Description: Well-known fashion and home accessories company
- Cultivate new accounts and see opportunities to expand business with existing accounts; identify and strategize means to penetrate new markets.
- Research and perform competitive analysis; monitor relevant trends and communicate to internal partners, where appropriate.
- Partner with customers to execute key strategic initiatives and grow profitability.
- Develop and maintain relationships with new and existing customers. Oversee all private label accounts at a high level, leveraging relationships at the most senior levels.
- Manage communications and feedback between customers and internal partners in Design and Product Development.
- Lead and manage the product development team for key custom accounts: create and optimize product opportunities, create business strategies and execute all development and operational aspects of product, including sourcing, costing, innovation, data integrity, quality and compliance focusing on profitable growth in revenue.
- Focus on plan creation while defining both the retail opportunity as well as the customer opportunity for existing and prospective customers.
- Manage time and action calendar keeping the process and team constantly moving forward to their goals. Develop and define all touchpoints to keep on time delivery while collaborating with merchandising, sales and marketing.
- Collaborate with merchandising and design on all corporate objectives
- Act as key liaison with Private Label senior management.
- Grow Private Brand sales through relationship building and management.
- Budget and expense management.
- Train and coach team members in selling, negotiating and presentation skills.
- Oversee all product development, sourcing, costing and production for targeted customers, ensuring that customer requirements and specifications are met, on time and in order.
- Research: fabrics, product, resources, countries.
- Drive Innovation: technique, fabrics, yarns, process.
- Drive costing: achieve best value/cost from all suppliers.
- Manage sourcing: minimums, lead times, currency, costs, and national instabilities
- Strong financial responsibilities
- MUST HAVE STRONG PRIVATE LAVEL EXPERIENCE
- 8-10 years of experience