Director of Business Development, Private Label
JBCStyle is the leading full-service recruiting agency with a focus on the Fashion, Beauty, Action Sports, Retail and Home industries.With over a decade of experience matching key brands with their ideal candidates, we are uniquely positioned to support our clients looking for top talent and or candidates looking to take the next step in their career(s).
Title: Director of Business Development, Private Label
Location: New York, NY
Company: Well-known Accessories Company
• Cultivate new accounts and see opportunities to expand business with existing accounts; identify and strategize means to penetrate new markets.
• Research and perform competitive analysis; monitor relevant trends and communicate to internal partners, where appropriate.
• Partner with customers to execute key strategic initiatives and grow profitability.
• Develop and maintain relationships with new and existing customers. Oversee all private label accounts at a high level, leveraging relationships at the most senior levels.
• Manage communications and feedback between customers and internal partners in Design and Product Development.
• Lead and manage the product development team for key custom accounts: create and optimize product opportunities, create business strategies and execute all development and operational aspects of product, including sourcing, costing, innovation, data integrity, quality and compliance focusing on profitable growth in revenue.
• Focus on plan creation while defining both the retail opportunity as well as the customer opportunity for existing and prospective customers.
• Manage time and action calendar keeping the process and team constantly moving forward to their goals. Develop and define all touchpoints to keep on time delivery while collaborating with merchandising, sales and marketing.
• Manage and mentor the team to achieve long term success.
• Collaborate with merchandising and design on all corporate objectives
• Oversee customer relationships to maximize sales and profitability.
• Grow Private Brand sales through relationship building and management.
• Budget and expense management.
• Manage all legal and compliance issues in collaboration with corporate attorney.
• Train and coach team members in selling, negotiating and presentation skills.
• Oversee all product development, sourcing, costing and production for targeted customers, ensuring that customer requirements and specifications are met, on time and in order.
• Ensure competitiveness: retail and wholesale competitors in all channels.
• Drive costing: achieve best value/cost from all suppliers.
• 8+ years of experience
• Must have Private Label experience