Director of Merchandising
Our client, a Leading Apparel Company, is currently seeking an experienced Director of Merchandising to join their offices in New York City.
As the Director of Merchandising, you will manage a small team as you oversee the development of product lines and create business strategy to expand sales. You will establish a seasonal merchandising plan and oversee the product development timeline. The ideal candidate is highly analytical and product-oriented with outstanding organizational skills.
- Oversee product lifecycle from conception to production
- Create style and sku goals
- Work closely with development team to reach goals
- Work with executive team to establish product strategy
- Present new merchandise collections to internal teams
- Collaborate with design team on creating product that aligns with the brand’s aesthetic and vision
- Develop costing strategy and negotiate costs
- Analyze sales data to determine business strategy
- Bachelor’s degree
- Merchandising experience in a leadership role
- Strong project management skills
- SAP experience preferred
- Proven ability to lead and manage team
- Able to make qualitative assessments
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Willing to travel as needed
Please submit your resume to be considered.