Director/Senior Director, Strategy
JBCStyle is the leading full-service recruiting agency with a focus on the Fashion, Beauty, Action Sports, Retail and Home industries.With over a decade of experience matching key brands with their ideal candidates, we are uniquely positioned to support our clients looking for top talent and or candidates looking to take the next step in their career(s).
Title: Director/ Senior Director, Strategy
Company: Award-winning global agency specializing in entertainment, sports and lifestyle marketing
Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Know how cultural trends affect a category/brand and consult clients on them.
- Lead analysis of culture, consumer, competitive, corporate, and communication areas for given projects.
- Conduct and oversee secondary research (provide direction to gather, distill and summarize insights; lead when necessary).
- Oversee data analysis (from quant-based databases, like MRI)
- Determine which insights should be woven into a strategic narrative Primary research involvement
- Lead/consult on all primary research initiatives, ensuring methodology matches research objectives.
- Push to include more primary research, when necessary.
- Oversee relationship between agency and research department or vendor, when appropriate.
- Push for new and creative methodologies, as appropriate.
- Key team member, present during research, that provides on-the-fly guidance and suggestions on any changes that need to be made.
- Oversee/author agency-led research reports.
- Consult on external reports.
- Oversee development/write and gain approval of creative briefs from key stakeholders (internally or with client).
- Lead development/execution of ideation sessions, including moderating and/or conducting upfront briefing of one/more areas.
- Write strategic narrative; collaborate with account teams to ensure seamless story.
- Determine if campaigns met goals; consult on course corrections, as necessary.
- Lead or collaborate on strategic approach / creative briefs for business development opportunities, with current or prospective clients
Desired Skills and Experience
- At least 5 years of experience working as a highly creative (and effective) strategist
- Minimum of 3 years working specifically as an Account Planner
- Bachelor’s degree
The brand planner will drive strategic & creative thinking for some of the biggest brands in the world. Therefore, we are looking for candidates who possess:
- At least 4 years at top tier PR, marketing, digital or advertising agency
- A diverse array of experience across multiple brand categories
- A deep understanding of what it takes to drive people to action, and ultimately create a movement
- A portfolio of brilliant insights leading to effective consumer-facing campaigns
- Enthusiasm for driving creative ideas that push boundaries and shape culture
- Client-side experience and/or experience working with clients in an interagency dynamic
- A finger on the pulse of media, news, and trending topics
Ideal Candidate will be:
- Curious: About what makes people “tick”; has a keen interest in discovering insights into human behavior and going beyond what people say they think/do.
- Leader: Can command attention and respect of direct reports, peers and clients.
- Passionate: For breakthrough, media-agnostic ideas and effective brand-building.
- Interested: In pop culture and media and how the two are interconnected.
- Inventive: Wants to think, try and do new things
- Collaborative: Works just as well with others as on their own.
- Organized: Can multi-task, provide clear direction and keep everything on track.
- Adventurous: Willing to get out there and talk to real people; not content to observe from behind a desk