JBCStyle is the leading full-service recruiting agency with a focus on the Fashion, Beauty, Action Sports, Retail and Home industries.With over a decade of experience matching key brands with their ideal candidates, we are uniquely positioned to support our clients looking for top talent and or candidates looking to take the next step in their career(s).
Title of Job: District Manager
Company Description: Contemporary fashion retailer
- Analyze business trends and create plans to increase sales, and control expenses to drive overall profitability within district.
- Monitor and measure financial, operational, human resources and customer service results, and hold teams accountable for achieving district goals through ongoing store visits.
- Visit and communicate with boutiques to ensure consistent execution of standard operating procedures, visual directives, and guest experience.
- Plan and manage time to ensure all operational deadlines are achieved.
- Supervise Boutique Managers through planning, assigning, and directing their overall functions.
- Supervise boutiques to achieve accuracy in executing markdowns, shipping, receiving, and cash control.
- Foster a positive work environment that encourages feedback and innovation.
- Communicate in a clear, positive and professional manner
- Develop boutique managers and teams to drive fanatical customer service.
- Provide direction and coaching to boutique teams to ensure consistency of guest experience standards.
- Recruit, develop, and retain qualified associates to ensure staffing needs are consistently met.
- Assess performance, assist with and deliver formal performance evaluations.
- Interact regularly with all levels of boutique associates to gain insight on boutique morale and to gain suggestions from the boutique level on operational efficiencies and customer experience
- Understand and translate visual directives and inspirational communication.
- Ensure boutiques adhere to company standards for visual presentation, signage, cleanliness and organization.
- Develop partnerships with corporate management to pursue and generate marketing opportunities to build the brand.
- Maintain a positive attitude, demonstrating the characteristics that support fanatical customer service.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience leading a district or market in specialty retail required
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Retail Management or related field preferred
- Demonstrates leadership and integrity in all interactions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong merchandising and visual skills
- Excellent organization skills; ability to plan and execute tasks efficiently
- Flexible and adaptable
- Ability to multi-task and balance multiple priorities
- Ability to consistently travel to boutiques within a geographical area
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to work weekends, nights and holidays