Downtown Marketing Manager
Saks Fifth Avenue is a world-renowned retailer and an international fashion authority. We offer our customers the finest assortment of designer apparel, as well as extraordinary handbags, shoes, jewelry, cosmetics and gifts. Our collections include exciting designs, modernized classics and exclusive treasures not found anywhere else. Whether New York, Paris, Milan, or any of the fashion capitals of the world, Saks Fifth Avenue attends more than a thousand runway shows annually in our pursuit of the best collections in the world. Saks Fifth Avenue caters to a variety of dedicated fashionistas, special occasion shoppers, global travelers and people who simply love beautiful things. Being part of this legendary organization is a source of great pride for our Associates – and has launched many inspired careers.
Under direction from the General Manager or Marketing Director, the Marketing Manager is responsible for supporting the creation and execution of a strategic local marketing program, maximizing exposure for Saks Fifth Avenue in the local marketplace, and effectively being a liaison between their individual Saks Fifth Avenue store and the Corporate Marketing Team. The Marketing Manager will operate with clearly defined return on investment goals for sales and client acquisition and development.
- Execute Local Marketing Strategy: Work with General Manager to execute all events & conduct the analysis and results review for recommendations for future programs.
- Support the General Manager in communicating corporate events to the store team and coordinate support and execution for all events to Saks Fifth Avenue standards.
- Execute and develop Top Customer programs.
- Maximize Exposure for Saks in the Local Market: Work with the General Manager and/or Director of Marketing to identify local market opportunities with key customer target groups and all media outlets and develop and execute programs that support the LBDP (Local Business Development Plan) and leverage these audiences, increasing exposure for Saks.
- Complete all administrative needs for Marketing including maintaining the store marketing/event calendars, online postings, email blasts, developing invitations and submitting calendars, event recaps, best practices and budget documentation to corporate partners.
- Proactively analyze event results in order to refine and improve future events which continue to develop business opportunities and maximize sales.
- Work with the Store Leadership Team to maximize local event marketing dollars.
- Increase store visibility in the community via partnership with local publications, charitable organizations and other beneficial groups.
- Support day-to-day communication with vendors regarding upcoming events in relation to: preparation of preliminary proposals for vendor including: in-store signage, invitations, ordering customer lists, securing models, cost estimate, etc.
- Coordinate and conduct trainings, shows and clinics.
- Create and maintain local social media channels and lead the training/education of social media awareness with our associates.
- Partners with Visual, Operations and Building Services teams regarding logistical plans.
•4-year college degree (Marketing, Business or Communications preferred)
•Planning, implementation and execution skills required with excellent attention to detail
•Strong partnership skills for use in both internal and external communities to develop and execute all store marketing programs
•Creativity in developing event ideas & new ways to connect customers and associates
•3-5 years experience
•Experience in special events, with retail experience preferred
•Strong skills in Powerpoint, Word & Excel
•Budget management skills to ensure budget tracking in line with plans/projections & ROI
•Ability to engage & influence others to participate in all store marketing activities