Downtown Stylist Manager
Saks Fifth Avenue is a world-renowned retailer and an international fashion authority. We offer our customers the finest assortment of designer apparel, as well as extraordinary handbags, shoes, jewelry, cosmetics and gifts. Our collections include exciting designs, modernized classics and exclusive treasures not found anywhere else. Whether New York, Paris, Milan, or any of the fashion capitals of the world, Saks Fifth Avenue attends more than a thousand runway shows annually in our pursuit of the best collections in the world. Saks Fifth Avenue caters to a variety of dedicated fashionistas, special occasion shoppers, global travelers and people who simply love beautiful things. Being part of this legendary organization is a source of great pride for our Associates – and has launched many inspired careers.
Under the direction of the General Manager, the Stylist Manager is responsible for driving sales through developing the selling skills and behaviors of top selling associates.In addition, they are focused on creating a high performance team and consistently coaching for optimal sales results with a focus on clienteling behaviors. The Stylist Manager must maintain high visibility on the selling floor to model focused sales and service behaviors, establish and maintain client relationships and create effective teamwork. The Stylist Manager has strong relationships within their community and effectively uses these ties to introduce influential customers to Saks.The Stylist Manager will be active in the training and ongoing education of their top associates, providing product knowledge training, event information, as well as ensuring that merchandise opportunities are appropriately communicated to the merchant organization in order to support the selling effort.
- Provide leadership and customized coaching to Top Sales Associates, resulting in an increase in sales, service, and customer engagement
- Maintains a strong floor presence to drive selling efforts, modeling service behaviors to reinforce the service imperative and ensure consistent adherence to the service and clienteling standards.
- Remains focused on actively training and coaching associates on Saks BEST Clienteling skills to include effectively leveraging technology, social media, and styling skills to increase client acquisition, retention, and sales
- Acts as leader and motivator to the sales team by modeling, training, coaching and rewarding selling behaviors.
- Works with associates to leverage available technology to strategically deliver sales.
- Maintains focus on driving sales, setting work pace and delivering on store goals.
- Identify opportunities to increase client engagement and individual spend
- Coordinate and oversee the growth strategy for the store’s top customers to increase engagement, loyalty and spend
- Partner with Corporate Marketing to create unique and memorable experiences for these top customers
- Develop strong relationships with each top client and determine ways to best service each person
- Assembles a strong team that demonstrates consistent sales focus and sales oriented behaviors.
- Facilitates staff training and development by accurately assessing developmental needs
- Provides consistent coaching to ensure continuous improvement to the selling skills of the team and recognizes and rewards effective selling and service behaviors
- Effectively manage performance issues through coaching and counseling to improve overall team
- Communicates merchandising opportunities, provides ongoing education to the selling team to increase product knowledge.
- Maintain appropriate communication with key merchants to provide feedback on needs to top clients and identify opportunities to drive sales through unique merchandise assortments
- Have a strong understanding on current and immerging trends in fashion.
- Provides a comfortable and welcoming shopping environment for the client by ensuring the ongoing maintenance of the selling floor, fitting rooms and customer areas, filling in merchandise and recovering the floor as needed.
4 year degree preferred.
Must be goal oriented, with a demonstrated ability to develop, manage and motivate a sales team while driving company initiatives.
Proficiency in utilizing available technology.Must be flexible in scheduling as the business needs require evening weekend and holiday schedules.
3+ years of management experience with comparable volume or a proven track record of success managing a selling workforce and achieving results.