Ecom/Digital Marketing Director
JBCStyle is the leading full-service recruiting agency with a focus on the Fashion, Beauty, Action Sports, Retail and Home industries.With over a decade of experience matching key brands with their ideal candidates, we are uniquely positioned to support our clients looking for top talent and or candidates looking to take the next step in their career(s).
Title of Job: E-commerce and Digital Marketing Director/Senior Director
Company Description: Contemporary Footwear Company
The Director of E-Commerce is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the E-Commerce business and for driving revenue growth. The successful candidate will be highly entrepreneurial, thrive on collaboration, and possess a holistic and deep understanding of the elements of a profitable e-commerce operation, including user interface / experience, merchandising, buying, content, digital marketing and analytics, client engagement, conversion, and retention, order fulfillment and logistics, and the technical aspects of website management.
- Achieve sales and margin targets by implementing technical and non-technical strategies and initiatives that will drive traffic, conversion, retention, revenue, and profitability.
- Oversee day-to-day management of the website, including trouble shooting any errors, responsive redesigns, and enhancements.
- Interface with the IT department and external product developers on all system-related projects and challenges. Identify and plan for short and long term technical upgrades.
- Actively manage vendor relationships – sourcing new technology, negotiating pricing, setting strategy for vendors, and regularly monitoring performance.
- Oversee the buying process for all categories of business represented on the site from open-to-buy planning through delivery, ensuring alignment with brick and mortar buy and markdown strategies.
- Set online merchandising strategy that is consistent with overall brand product strategies and ensure online merchandising is supported by best in class features in the areas of navigation, search, product set-up, and activation.
- Support the Company’s omnichannel strategy by facilitating creation of seamless and integrated customer experience across our digital platforms (desktop, tablet, mobile) and brick and mortar locations.
- Oversee digital marketing strategy for owned, earned, and paid channels (e.g., web, email, affiliate, display, search) continuously evaluating and improving return on investment.
- Partner with Marketing and Creative teams to develop, implement, and/or optimize effective online campaigns and digital marketing strategies that drive traffic, increase conversion, and expand sales.
- Oversee and work to continuously improve customer-focused services, including call-center, live chat, inventory management, order fulfillment, and distribution. Ensure customer service team delivers a high-quality experience consistent with luxury standards.
- Oversee E-commerce product photography and online content creation. Work collaboratively with the Creative department to continue to evolve and improve site assets.
- Keep up to date with evolving online media and technology trends, and explore new and effective products or enhancements that will improve site experience and generate revenue and profits.R
- 7+ years of strategic e-commerce management experience required, preferably within an omni-channel apparel or luxury retailer
- Experience building strategic and financial plans and executing against them
- Able to think strategically while knowing and understanding details; hands-on leader with a sense of urgency
- Experience driving traffic, conversion, sales
- Data-driven; clear understanding of retail and marketing metrics; commitment to increasing profit and ROI