HR Manager, Los Angeles
JBCStyle is the leading full-service recruiting agency with a focus on the Fashion, Beauty, Action Sports, Retail and Home industries.With over a decade of experience matching key brands with their ideal candidates, we are uniquely positioned to support our clients looking for top talent and or candidates looking to take the next step in their career(s).
Title: HR Manager
Company: Fashion Company
Location: Los Angeles, CA
- Actively pursue knowledge of retail business practices, policies, organization structure, roles and responsibilities to better understand and support the business
- Develop, implement and manage employee on-boarding and off-boarding process
- Build relationships with staff at all levels; assure that new recruits integrate effectively into the organization
- Ensure compliance with all federal and state employment practice for both the US and Canada
- Develop and monitor overall HR strategies, systems, tactics and procedures across the organization
- Leverage knowledge of and experience with HR systems to use data to support process, procedure and program changes as activities are improved
- Align and educate peers, direct reports and managers to ensure compliance.
- Provides administrative support, such as but not limited to, correspondence generation, record keeping, file maintenance, and payroll management data entry.
- Bachelor degree in Human Resources or a related field and a minimum of 5 years of progressive experience (employee relations, training and development, coaching/counseling, change management, recruiting etc.)
- Knowledge of the US labor regulatory environment and reporting requirements related to Human Resources Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to relate with all levels of staff and management
- Must possess a strong attention to detail and writing skills
- Strong project management skill with ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to maintain professional demeanor and composure under potentially stressful situations
Must demonstrate exceptional judgment, discretion, confidentiality, professional courtesy, strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Requires a pro-active individual with ability to execute with excellence and work independently.
Strong verbal communication and negotiation skills, customer service skills
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Luxury retail experience a plus along with a passion for the brand/fashion