Human Resources Manager
We are looking for a dynamic HR Manager to join our team! The HR Manager will be responsible for providing strategic HR partnerships with Digital, Regulatory, Operations (Customer Service and Production and Inventory), Visual Merchandising, and Finance. This role will partner with our business leaders to help them build their organizations across the globe. This role will also partner in developing the Too Faced Talent Development and Employee Engagement strategies. This position is based out of the Too Faced Corporate Headquarters located in Irvine, California.
Establish and manage key organizational relationships and understand the client’s business as a trusted advisor. Proactively offer solutions regarding organizational and people-related strategy and execution with insightful data to guide decision making.Consult with business leaders to create a comprehensive people plan for Digital, Regulatory, Operations and Finance.Provide expertise in the following areas: organizational development, performance management, coaching, employee relations, data analytics, and learning and development.Investigate and understand the alignment between business goals, talent needs and skills within the organization. Diagnose capability gaps and determine where HR can add the most value and which metrics would measure this.Management and execution of a full range of HR duties including, but not limited to; acquiring key talent, write and maintain job descriptions, develop policies and procedures, and oversee annual HR processes (headcount budgeting, performance management, etc.)Assist in creating the overall Talent Development strategy for Too Faced. Providing thought leadership and project management for performance management, talent management, and leadership development/learning.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Human Resources or business related field required; PHR or HR certification preferred
- 5+ years of relevant HR experience – HR Business Partner (leading HR strategy for client groups), Employee Relations, etc.
- Strong strategic thinking and honed analytical skills - able to help others make connections and see the big picture
- Excellent consulting, communication and facilitation skills (including analysis, diagnosis, recommendations, etc.). Creative problem-solving skills, ability to employ sound judgment in complex situations
- Great at influencing through strong relationships, expertise and data. Ability to manage a complex set of stakeholders
- Comfortable rolling up your sleeves to get things done and the next moment being part of deeply complex strategy discussions
- Great communication skills and understand how to communicate large complex change
- Proven organizational skills and the ability to pay close attention to detail while handling multiple, simultaneous projects under deadline pressure