Import Production Manager, Mandarin or Cantonese Speaking
Fourth Floor (FourthFloor.com) leads the fashion industry when it comes to recruiting, and sets the pace for others to follow. We partner with the biggest names in luxury, contemporary, active sports, children, accessories, beauty, and home. From freelance to direct hire, we pair our clients with trendsetting talent so they can stay ahead of the curve. We pride ourselves in building brands, and taking careers to the next level.
Unique Apparel Brand with offices in DTLA is seeking an Import Production Manager to join their team full-time. For consideration for this role, candidates must have experience with overseas materials sourcing and speak fluent Cantonese or Mandarin.
- Supervise production timelines and calendars
- Communicate with internal teams to monitor efficiency throughout production
- Build relationships with vendors – sourcing materials, negotiating costs and keeping budget and quality top of mind throughout all conversations
- Keep WIP reports updated and distribute to teams weekly
- Act as point of contact to vendors regarding production delays, issues, etc.
- Escalate all production issues and delays to upper management accordingly
- Examine all samples according to quality and fit standards
What you’ll need:
- 5+ years of experience in production management within the apparel industry
- FLUENCY IN CANTONESE AND/OR MANDARIN REQUIRED
- Extensive background knowledge in offshore/overseas manufacturing
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate and build relationships with key suppliers
- Proficiency in MS Office, ESPECIALLY EXCEL
- Excellent communication and project management skills
- Knack for staying organized while multitasking in a high-pressure environment
- Flexibility to travel to offshore facilities as needed
If this sounds like a good fit, please submit your resume for immediate consideration.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.