pr And Events Manager
JBCStyle is the leading full-service recruiting agency with a focus on the Fashion, Beauty, Action Sports, Retail and Home industries.With over a decade of experience matching key brands with their ideal candidates, we are uniquely positioned to support our clients looking for top talent and or candidates looking to take the next step in their career(s).
Title of Job: PR and Events Manager
Company Description: Luxury Jewelry E-Comm Startup
Responsible for external communications, building and maintaining strong media relations, event planning and execution, and social media engagement. This role is a combination of PR and events.
· Manage PR campaigns; including planning, pitching, and ensuring execution.
· Secure top press opportunities in terms of content and placement and coordinate deskside meetings, speaking engagements, etc
· Draft, edit, and distribute press materials and other media collaterals
· Research industry trends and develop compelling story and pitches for media
· Maintain and develop existing and new relationships with top tier editors, industry contacts and influencers
· Monitor and address inbound press inquiries
· Create/maintain media lists
· Gather and monitor media mentions and disseminate monitoring reports for internal audiences on a regular basis
· Manage social media engagement
· Help craft compelling submissions for speaking roles at key events
· Evaluate, plan and execute events
- 2-3 years PR experience required (either agency or in house)
- Have existing rolodex of strong media relationships
- Experience in events planning/execution and social media management
- Experience writing and delivering presentations, strong written and oral communications skills
- Strategic thinking, creativity and passion for the fine jewelry/luxury industry
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, and on multiple deadlines
- Detailed oriented