Senior Account Executive Beauty
We are 5W Public Relations- a full-service PR agency known for cutting-edge programs that engage with businesses, issues and ideas. Founded in 2003, we have maintained industry leadership by providing an innovative, bold and results-driven approach to communication. Headquartered in New York City, 5WPR serves clients across all industries, including Corporate Practice, Technology (B2B & B2C), Consumer (Beauty, Fashion, Lifestyle, Travel, Health & Wellness, Home & Houseware, and Food & Beverage), Public Affairs, Crisis Communication and digital strategy.
The Holmes Report ranked 5WPR as one of "The Best Public Relations Agencies to Work For". When asked whether morale at their PR firm was high and if they found their work intellectually stimulating, employees were unanimous- 5W ranked in the top 5 for U.S. PR firms. We are looking for PR superstars who are smart, hard-working, creative and eager to join an environment in which they can grow and succeed.
We are seeking a dynamic Senior Account Executive to join 5W’s Beauty practice. The ideal individual will have worked with Beauty -based clients within an agency setting, is an expert at pitching, and possesses superior account and time management skills. This is an exciting opportunity that promises to offer challenges and professional development in an environment where drive, an entrepreneurial spirit, and a commitment to exceed expectations is a winning recipe for success.
· Manage team workflow and take ownership of account work while driving consistent media results; report status of accounts to Direct Supervisor.
· Write and edit media materials – press kits, press releases, media alerts, fact sheets, bios, case studies and backgrounders.
· Develop and maintain relationships with influential members of the media in order to ensure placements.
· Develop strategic communication plans, including media opportunities, tactics, and timelines consistent with the overall PR strategy.
· Execute and advise on PR strategies and collaboratively develop strategic media plans.
· Create and develop pro-active pitch ideas for clients based on their industry, current trends and various announcements.
· Monitor media and seek out speaking opportunities for clients as “experts in their field”, including responses to ProfNet and other media.
· Daily client interaction to update, report on and discuss media relations
· Assist in the research, writing and development of new business proposals and presentations.
· Provide guidance and leadership to junior-level staff; Manage daily intern responsibilities.
· Participate in brainstorming sessions to develop strategic/creative thinking for clients.
· Misc. research, duties and projects as required.
· B.S/B.A in Public Relations or related field
· At least 3 to 4 years of PR agency experience
· Able to handle multiple accounts simultaneously
· Excellent written and verbal skills
· Creative and energetic personality