Senior Analyst - Commercial Finance
SuperGroup plc is the owner of the dynamic Superdry brand and operates in the premium branded fashion clothing sector. Superdry focuses on high quality fashionable menswear, womenswear and accessories, fusing vintage Americana and Japanese graphics with a British style. Superdry operates a multi-channel business through a combination of standalone stores, concessions, ecommerce, and UK and international wholesale.
Senior Analyst – Commercial Finance
Superdry is a true multi-channel business selling globally through owned and operated retail stores, franchise stores, ecommerce and wholesale channels. We are seeking a Senior Analyst to provide high quality reporting, analysis and insight to influence and support decision making within the US territory. This will report into the Commercial Finance Manager and work closely with the US management teams to develop territory focused analysis and financial support to help maximize profitability of the channel.
- Prepare, understand and explain the US territory performance on a monthly basis with all variances to plan explained and quantified.
- Support decision making by providing high quality, accurate insight based on robust financial data and analysis with clear recommendations and present this back to the relevant stakeholders. This analysis includes but isn’t exclusive to promotional performance, store benchmarking and customer profitability.
- Challenge preconceptions with financial analysis to either justify or remove the judgment.
- Understand the nuances of the different routes to market and how each channels performance influences the overall success of the territory
- Support business partners to produce the annual budget and quarterly forecasts including commentary
- Lead weekly reporting of financial performance with detailed explanations against budget, prior year, and market conditions.
- Identify areas of risk and opportunity and can identify possible routes of mitigation
- Benchmark good performance across the P&L to identify potential improvements for the estate.
- Work closely with management accounts department to ensure that the account entries are accurate and a fair reflection of performance with a good understanding of key variances
- Understand the key drivers of sales and cost variances for the whole territory
- Set up dashboards and reports which provide regular performance insight for key metrics
- Build strong working relationships with relevant stakeholders across the business
- Run financial training and support to non-financial colleagues
- Identify which data sources are required and gather these from the relevant business owners
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested
- Ensure all work is completed accurately and in a timely manner
- A commercially focused finance professional with 5+ years of experience preferably within the retail industry
- Qualified with a BS/BA in Finance
- Able to establish and maintain excellent relationships with colleagues at all levels and external clients
- Experienced with BI tools
- Analytical and detail oriented with a track record of identifying issues and delivering solutions
- Skilled with advanced knowledge of MS Office Suite, especially Excel
- Able to plan ahead, work with high level of integrity and confidentiality and work and multi-task in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment
- Extremely organized and very detail-oriented; self-motivated and capable of working independently on multiple projects
- Commutable daily to our NYC office and available for occasional travel
What we offer
Excellent basic salary, medical & dental insurance, life insurance, 401k, 50% staff discount