Senior Designer - Shoes
Marc Jacobs International is a leading global luxury fashion brand that produces womenswear, childrenswear, accessories, footwear, fragrances, and cosmetics.
Responsible for the product design and development process for footwear, consistent with the Marc Jacobs brand and sensibility. Including concept sketches, drawing flats on the computer (CAD) Research and Development, inspiration boards, and knowledge of global market trends, materials and techniques.As well as overall accountability to the seasonal design calendar.
- Works closely with the Design Director to manages the design process from concept to production of finished collections.
- Develops innovative designs to elevate the Marc Jacobs brand.
- Understands the Marc Jacobs customer and brand positioning.
- Works cross-functionally and timely with Product Development, Tech Design, and Merchandising and sales to determine style, materials, color and to develop a successful product.
- Supervises direct reports and operates within the given design calendar
- Ability to work closely with Design Director and other design team members to help design a cohesive collection and runway show.
- Researches and stays on top of current trends & applies trends to product design.
- Researches & sources materials & components, provides Design director with feedback and inspiration.
- Collaborates with Technical Design team on all aspects of fit.
- Oversees artwork and design boards. Ensures that all boards are done timely and meet the calendar deadlines.
- Creates & delivers product presentations.
- Identifies opportunities for process improvement.
- Travels to all suppliers and factories to oversee shoe development.
Principal Skills, Knowledge, and Personal Attributes Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Art or Fashion (Design, Merchandising, etc.)
- 9-10 years design experience; 5 years with shoes.
- Excellent taste level & brand awareness.
- Strong sense of color, fashion, product & trend.
- Strong knowledge of design & product development process.
- Strong design, conceptual, and technical skills.
- Strong organizational, time management, written & verbal communication skills and presentation skills.
- Travel: >25%
•Creativity / innovation Management
•Managing Vision and Purpose
•Building effective teams
•Drive for results
•Dealing with Ambiguity