Senior Director, Lifestyle
TURNER, a national award-winning boutique integrated marketing, public relations and digital communications firm, is looking for a Senior Director to join our lifestyle team in our New York office to support our growing roster of fashion, accessory, retail, active and boutique travel brands.
The Senior Director is responsible for the leadership and strategic planning across a variety of clients across the lifestyle division. This position focuses on campaigns that run the intersection of media relations, influencer relations, VIP, strategic partnerships and activations. The ideal candidate will have 8-10 years experience working in related industries and be comfortable leading account teams with several team members. Further, we are looking for candidates passionate about contributing to company culture and leadership, as well as teaching our junior staff and investing in their growth. This position requires U.S. travel; up to 30 percent of the time.
- Serve as main client contact for strategic, sensitive and crisis planning
- Well-versed in developing and executing strategic plans, alongside extensive media relations experience with high-priority pitching
- Ability to manage account budgets and resources, as necessary
- Maintain strong media relationships, and engage in strategic, feature and business story pitching as needed, including broadcast
- Guide and develop junior staff members (up to 4 direct reports)
- Edit and oversee all client press materials, plans, strategies and presentations
- Actively engaged and involved in developing team morale, managing workloads, team growth, and contributing to the division and company leadership as a whole
- Participate in new business meetings including proposal ideation and creation
- Constant communication of priorities and issues to company leadership
- Act as the problem solver for the team and clients, while driving results forward and being solutions-oriented
- Attend and actively participate in client visits, meetings and planning sessions in various locations
- Proactively identifies ways to integrate digital and influencer programming into communications strategies
- Participation in business development
- Activation ideation, planning and management as needed
- 8-10 years of communications agency experience within fashion, entertainment, lifestyle and/or hospitality portfolio – including relevant experience in CPG, travel and retail
- Experience establishing and maintaining positive client relationships, along with relationships with the media
- Comfortable executing brand immersions and familiarization experiences in addition to client planning meetings
- Proven ability to secure high quality brand, lifestyle and feature coverage
- Knowledge and experience working with celebrities, influencers and creative class VIPs
- Strong communication skills; both written and verbal
- Detail and results-oriented with the ability to be creative while maintaining precision
- Ability to work both independently and in a dynamic, high energy, team-oriented atmosphere
- Comfortable working across a variety of fields and clients
- Ability to travel
For immediate consideration for this position, please submit your resume, cover letter and salary requirements.
Please, no phone calls – however, we’re open to any other creative communications you may want to try.
TURNER is an Equal Opportunity Employer.