Senior Director, Logistics And Distribution
Our proven recruiters are dynamic strategic sourcers, who perform tailored searches for each client and candidate.
We are masters in our field, innovators by nature, with a diverse and select network. We offer over fourteen years of HR and Recruiting results. We hold several professional certifications and memberships, both in the United States and the United Kingdom.
By remaining mindful of socio-economic megatrends and market influences, we find better opportunities for job seekers and connect employers with talent who are best suited for their brand-culture.
Whether you are a candidate or an employer, we ensure diligent attention to your needs in order to satisfy your goals.
Confidential apparel company seeking an experienced Senior Director, or Director of Logistics and Distribution in downtown Los Angeles, CA to handle and oversee all aspects of domestic and import distribution, budgets, KPIs, and someone who can provide scalable Logistics operations strategies. The ideal candidate will direct Logistics, Distribution, Supply Chain and make improvement recommendations while taking accountability for finished goods distribution, 3PL oversight, and warehouse operations. This dynamic role reports directly to the COO.
- Direct all inbound movement of the finished garments from domestic and international
manufactures to distribution centers and on to all outbound customer delivery points.
- Establish and analyze budgets to support business plans and improve service. Favorably
negotiate contracts related to all distribution partners, freight relationships, etc.
- Collaborate with Sales, Production, IT and other cross teams to identify challenges, develop strategic support to organization objects through allocation, warehouse and transportation processes.
- Identify best 3PL service provider for e-Commerce, wholesale and retail distribution.
- Develop KPIs for evaluation of potential new services partners and improvements on current services, using apparel distribution experience
- Conduct and assess cost benefit analysis for all areas of Supply Chain.
- Manage cross-functional teams to ensure alignment among distribution policies and
procedures which incorporate company and third party services.
- Oversee 3PLs and logistics operations with the goal of providing best in class distribution
services, drive Supply Chain improvements
- Provide best practices in an effort to continually improve performance measured by key metrics across all functional areas
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Normally requires Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, Finance, or similar
- Preferred 10-12+ years; experience in global apparel distribution, supply chain and operations with international and customs experience.
- Experience with various picking, packing, storage methods – lean principles and work flow, apparel or accessories logistics and distribution experience required.
- Assess and management of multiple 3PLs (selection to roll-up), warehouse systems integrations
- consumer products or apparel industry.
- Domestic and international logistics, transportation and trade compliance expertise
- Proven experience with inventory audits, freight audits, systems interface.
- Demonstrated strengths in areas of hands-on management and leadership; KPI goal setting, team development, process improvement, change management.
- Strong interpersonal skills to interface with team and all levels of management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills MS Office applications (Excel, Word).
- Kaizen principles, or Lean Six Sigma, or CSCP or CPIM or similar certifications a plus.
- SAP system integration and experience is highly preferred.
HR Manager L.A.