Senior Rpg Programmer
More than the world’s largest men’s accessories company, Randa uses its scale and expertise to create and expand powerful brands, exceptional products and extraordinary shopping experiences. Randa: leading with accessories. Randa produces men's belts, small leather goods, neckwear, luggage, casual bags, jewelry, and seasonal accessories including footwear, hats, gloves, and gifts, bringing these to market through all channels of distribution, worldwide.
The RPG Programmer/Analyst is responsible for the design, implementation, and maintenance of existing RPG programs, while looking on how to improve existing and develop new processes. The individual will review and improve, fix, and update existing RPG programming applications. The ability to understand Business Processes is an integral function of this role. Experience with WMS, Logistics, Distribution and EDI is preferred. Essential Functions:
* Create and modify modular programs using RPG.
* Create and modify systems using DB2 tables, CLP, and RPG applications.
* Knowledge of all IBM i programming and operations functions.
* Knowledge of connectivity to PC and Internet functions, including FTP, Data transfer, working in the IFS and more.
* Strong knowledge of SQL on iSeries and in Microsoft or other environments.
* Work with users daily by phone, e-mail and help desk to troubleshoot and resolve operational problems.
* Maintain, Enhance, and Modernize RPG programs written in all generations of RPG
* Collaborate with Team members from all areas of the business.
* Perform other duties as required or assigned which are reasonably within the scope of the activities enumerated above. Working Environment: Work in an office environment within the MIS department.
* Fluent in all IBM i functions and utilities
* Minimum ten years experience required
* Knowledge and extensive experience with RPG III, RPG IV, RPG Free, Embedded SQL, and RPG Stored Procedures
* Experience with Warehouse, Distribution, Logistics, and EDI is preferred
* Working knowledge of embedded SQL/SQLRPGLE
* Minimal travel
* Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills; to deal with a wide variety of personalities and skill levels
* College degree a plus Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled