sr Analyst - Marketing Effectiveness & Brand Health, Guest Coe
Minneapolis-based Target Corporation (NYSE: TGT) serves guests at nearly 1,800 stores and at Target.com. Since 1946, Target has given 5 percent of its profit to communities, that giving equals more than $4 million a week.
For more information, visit Target.com/Pressroom (http://pressroom.target.com/pr/news/news.aspx).
For a behind-the-scenes look at Target, visit ABullseyeView.com (http://www.abullseyeview.com/) or follow TargetNews (https://twitter.com/targetnews) on Twitter.
JOIN US AS A Senior Analyst, Marketing Effectiveness & Brand Health, Guest COE
Similar Industry Titles & Key Words: consumer research, market research, shopper insights, quantitative, qualitative, competitive intelligence, Market Research Manager, Market Research Analyst, Research Associate, Marketing Analyst
As a Sr. Analyst, Guest Center of Excellence (GCOE), this role will help to define, analyze and socialize insights that make a difference to how guests experience and build a relationship with Target. In partnership with GCOE leaders and external research agencies, you will be responsible for projects that include primary, secondary and competitive research focused on marketing effectiveness and brand health. Individuals in this role must be able to quickly establish rapport, credibility, trust and respect with peers and internal clients. Your commitment to understanding guest attitudes and behaviors and identifying actionable insights will directly impact Target's business results.
Lead or support (depending on project scope) the design, execution, and interpretation of a variety of quantitative and qualitative research methodologies to understand consumer perceptions, behaviors & usage, competitive environments and Target performance. Activities include, but are not limited to:
- Mine existing primary research, tracking programs, CRM databases and syndicated sources to ensure a holistic understanding of consumer and retail trends
- Outline and recommend the optimal research approach (including primary, secondary qualitative, quantitative, consumer response or database resources) throughout the project to address the strategic business problem
- Co-create with internal and external partners throughout the process to maximize project outcome
- Manage overall project timeline, budget/forecast and agency billing
- Build a solid knowledge base on the consumer, competitive landscape and changing dynamics influencing consumer behavior
- Stay current on industry research best practices
- Work with agency partners to leverage a full range of insight generating tools, synthesizing data and translating into insights
- Act as a story-teller, synthesizing results from various sources of information in a clear and engaging way to provide holistic business recommendations
- Lead the development of presentation materials for relevant projects and ad-hoc requests, customizing output for the needs of each client group
- Develop content to support Enterprise self-service toolsDevelop partnerships with key marketing clients to prioritize research needs and triage ad hoc requests
- Provide a consumer-centric point of view and helps builds guest empathy with cross-functional partners.
- Work with marketing clients to define project scope and expected deliverables
- Build partnerships across the organization to enhance credibility for marketing effectiveness and brand health
- Lead day-to-day relationships with external research agencies
- Contribute to performance feedback for external research agencies
- Bachelor’s degree with strong academic performance
- 4-6 years of relevant experience
- Prior consumer/market research, marketing/media, agency management, retail or management consulting experience preferred
- Strong analytical, decision-making, project management, and communication skills
- Strong conceptual skills and ability to translate concepts into consumer research methodologies and tools
- Ability to synthesize and clearly communicate findings from data and research to focus on the critical issues and actionable opportunities
- Track record of success in dealing effectively with a variety of projects