sr Art Director - Packaging
Minneapolis-based Target Corporation (NYSE: TGT) serves guests at nearly 1,800 stores and at Target.com. Since 1946, Target has given 5 percent of its profit to communities, that giving equals more than $4 million a week.
For more information, visit Target.com/Pressroom (http://pressroom.target.com/pr/news/news.aspx).
For a behind-the-scenes look at Target, visit ABullseyeView.com (http://www.abullseyeview.com/) or follow TargetNews (https://twitter.com/targetnews) on Twitter.
Art directs for various marketing channels with a strong understanding of the Target brand and delivers creative results tailored to Target’s portfolio of exclusive brands and marketing objectives.
Principle duties & responsibilities
- Serves as the creative lead for multiple projects in order to deliver strong creative results.
- Specifies creative detail including brand overview, layout design, and photo and illustration direction.
- Oversees and executes various projects by photo art directing and/or designing and overseeing electronic and print production details.
- Makes timely decisions for fast-paced projectsto meet deadlines.
- Involved in the selection and directing of external talent.
- Oversees and/or creates presentations and effectively presents to Leadership and Marketing teams.
- Stays current with the latest style, graphic, industry and technology trends and applies to projects.
- May help with the selection and development of other team members.
Reporting & working relationships
- Reports to an Associate Creative Director.
- 4-year college degree and/or equivalent experience
- 5-7+ years experience.
- Portfolio demonstrating a strong understanding and application of art direction.
- Effective visual and verbal presentation skills.
- Interpersonally savvy with strong listening skills.
- Open to feedback with ability to take direction.
- Action oriented with ability to prioritize and
- MAC applications: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop.
Desired job requirements
- Authentically and thoughtfully communicates and provides clear direction to internal and external partners to develop and execute creative work.
- Acts fearlessly and takes smart risks.
- Ability to handle high pressure/stressful situations in a professional manner.
- Prior supervisory experience.
- Commands career and personal development.