sr Brand Manager - Product Design & Development
Minneapolis-based Target Corporation (NYSE: TGT) serves guests at nearly 1,800 stores and at Target.com. Since 1946, Target has given 5 percent of its profit to communities, that giving equals more than $4 million a week.
For more information, visit Target.com/Pressroom (http://pressroom.target.com/pr/news/news.aspx).
For a behind-the-scenes look at Target, visit ABullseyeView.com (http://www.abullseyeview.com/) or follow TargetNews (https://twitter.com/targetnews) on Twitter.
JOIN US AS A SR BRAND MANAGER - PRODUCT DESIGN & DEVELOPMENT
Lead the global training of Target brands by focusing on: Brand Insights, Brand Vision, Brand Positioning:
- Coach and train Target Brands with Target HQ Team, Overseas teams, and Vendors/Suppliers globally
- Test knowledge by focusing the key elements of each brand and tailoring the approach to ensure relevance and engagement
- Lead the development of innovative ways to share relevant content and context using technology
- Conduct a deep dive on brand training effectiveness and build measurement criteria that will ensure long term knowledge growth and brand cohesion.
- Support Target’s efforts in PD+D Accreditations Programs
- Support the development of recommendations for enterprise brand management needed to deliver true brand stewardship.
- Champion: knowledge, excitement, commitment, advocacy, and accountability for brand management across all levels and all roles within PD+D (Design, Technical, Engineering, Raw Materials, and Project Management
Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. As a Sr. Brand Manager, PD+D, you’ll take the lead as you…
Lead the strategic development of Target Brand Training and coaching on Brand Management across the Enterprise.
- Lead the gap analysis and recommendations for Enterprise Global Brand Training
- Develop training approaches and materials that align with enterprise brand management
- Leverage the existing Brand Principles as a foundation of training. Build out additional tools to compliment
- Responsible for partnering with TSS and Operations teams to sequence the most effective time to bring training and insights
- Develop tools for PD+D leaders to assess the effectiveness of their teams in bringing the brand values to life through product
Support in the Creation and Development of new Target Brands and Portfolios
- Help with primary research: Category, Marketplace, Consumer/guest, and Design/trend
- Help create visuals and strategies that help to tell the story: Pyramid Portfolio, Brand Principles, and category un-packs
- Support leaders on the best approach to bring their brand portfolios to life with each business
- Support the alignment of the Brand/Portfolio with leadership
- 4-year degree in brand management, marketing or product design
- 8+ years’ experience in branding, marketing, product development field, CPG or equivalent branding experience
- Strong Adobe Suite Graphic Document Creation (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Able to balance strategy with tactical implementation
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to develop strong cross-functional partnerships
- Team leader/player with ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Ability to thrive in extremely complex and undefined situations
- Proactive creative problem solver
- Strong demonstrating courage skills
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work at an extremely quick pace through the entire test, learn, course correct and iterate phases
- Ability to create excitement, commitment, and advocacy for brands across all levels
- Ability to see the connections and impact to other enterprise initiatives
- Excellent knowledge of product development process
- Strong branding experience
- Robust understanding of how products are designed and produced
- Home and Apparel PD+D experience