sr Knitwear Production Manager - Iconic Brand
PRM is the leading search firm in the fashion / apparel industry. Despite market challenges, PRM has expanded at a rapid pace, largely due to its talented team of search managers, all of whom have helped advance businesses within the world of fashion / apparel.
PRM has an unprecedented range of services designed to optimize the competitive nature and performance of client companies. We understand our vital role in the life cycle of fashion. As a result, our end goal encompasses a broad perspective; we are intrinsically passionate about the fashion industry and committed to participating in it's evolution and advancement.
Leading NYC Apparel company seeks a senior Sweater / Cut & Sew Production Manager for an iconic women’s brand.
Negotiate and place overseas orders based on merchant and design product packages. Work closely with merchants and agents/vendors to receive timely initial quotations and accurate pre-production samples for all meetings. Responsible for all product tracking beyond order placement including ongoing follow-up negotiating and confirming price, color approvals, samples, spec packets, production delivery.
• Maintain ongoing close communication with merchants, design and technical design department
• Ongoing overview and understanding of quota situations, labor issues/labor rates and fabric costs
• Monitor and maintain strict Product Development time-lines with cross functional partners
• Manage and develop support staff (Product Coordinators) for product tracking
• Responsible for timely receipt of counter-samples and initial quotations for Coordination Meetings
• Work closely with piece-goods sourcing department and their mills to facilitate hand-off for final buy
• Maintain semi-annual projections for planned regions of future activity
• Insure consistency of product regarding quality, on-time delivery and vendor base.
Email a word resume & current compensation asap