sr Manager, Education Content Development
There was a time in the ‘90s when darkness was all the rage and pink had a bad rep. Enter Jerrod Blandino and Jeremy Johnson. Unimpressed and distressed by the too-serious-state of the cosmetics industry, they longed to start a company that brought back unapologetic glamour and femininity. Inspired by a love of Paris, unabashed girliness and the transformative power of cosmetics, they created Too Faced, a boutique brand with big dreams. Today, Too Faced has grown into a leader within the beauty industry, creating innovative cruelty-free cosmetics that women love to wear.
With Jeremy as CEO/Action Man and Jerrod as Chief Creative Officer/Dreamer, their rebellious spirit, visionary focus and unexpected humor define the brand to this day.
IT’S HAPPENING! ARE YOU READY TO BRING IT?
Position:Senior Manager, Education Content Development
Reports To: Director, Field Education
The Senior Manager, Education Content Development is responsible for the creation, implementation and continual elevation of custom-fit education programs to the needs of all distribution channels.This role will lead the development and design of training materials focused on brand, product, artistry and service initiatives for the global field teams and retailer consultants.This position requires a high level of creative and writing talent and proven platform of delivery skills.
This role is based at Too Faced Headquarters in Irvine, CA, and with ability to travel up to 30%, including international travel.
- Oversees the design, development, implementation and evaluation of education programs/tools based on business needs.
- Programs include, but are not limited to, Core, Seasonal, Artistry, New Store Openings, Promotional (Event), Free Standing Store, and Travel Retail trainings.
- Represents Too Faced brand DNA by creating innovative trainings which are educational, inspirational and entertaining.
- Aligns with Marketing, Artistry, and all Field Sales & Education leaders to ensure training is in line with Brand/Marketing and Sales objectives.
- Develops education programs for various methods of delivery including in-store trainings, facilitator-led classroom trainings, point-of-sale coaching and digital learning.
- Strategizes and develops solutions for market-specific variables in partnership with Vice President of Sales, Education and Events and Director of Field Education.
- Partners with heads of Education, globally, to understand how to translate brand lessons into each region & retailer (all subject matter expertise in individual retailers & markets).
- Partners with Global Pro Artist for branded techniques and verbiage and all subject matter expertise in Artistry.
- Partners with Creative & Branded Collateral departments on production of innovative training materials and tools.
Train the Trainer
- Oversees the rollout of programs to field sales & education leaders.
- Partners with Global Pro Artist for advanced artistry skills.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’RE MADE OF:
- College degree and minimum of 7 years beauty industry experience.
- Global experience is preferred.
- Proficent in InDesign preferred
- Strong Communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Outstanding computer skills are a must.
- Significant makeup skills, facilitation skills and event execution experience.
- Understanding of beauty education as it relates to retail sell through.
- Experience with learning technology is preferred.
- Fluency is multiple languages is a plus.
- Requires a strategic and resourceful thinker and creative writing talent.
- Exceptional multi-tasking skills, organization skills, attention to detail.
- Agility to respond to changing priorities and resilience to operate in a fast paced entrepreneurial environment; effective time management skills; ability to prioritize.
- Fluency in multiple languages is a plus.