Store Manager Usa (Pipelining)
SuperGroup plc is the owner of the dynamic Superdry brand and operates in the premium branded fashion clothing sector. Superdry focuses on high quality fashionable menswear, womenswear and accessories, fusing vintage Americana and Japanese graphics with a British style. Superdry operates a multi-channel business through a combination of standalone stores, concessions, ecommerce, and UK and international wholesale.
SuperGroup plc is the owner of Superdry, which is rapidly becoming a global lifestyle brand. Superdry focuses on offering our customers around the world innovative, premium quality and affordable clothing and accessories across menswear, womenswear and specialist ranges. Superdry customers are loyal, varied and truly global, and are defined not by their age but by their attitude.
Superdry was launched in the UK in 2003 following an inspirational trip by our founders to Tokyo, and is famous for designing and producing quality garments inspired by fusing iconic vintage Americana and high-impact Japanese graphic imagery with a British twist. Our products are characterised by quality fabrics with authentic vintage washes, unique detailing, world-leading hand-drawn graphics, and tailored fits with diverse styling. As we continue to develop the breadth and nature of our product ranges, we increasingly appeal to a broader group of customers, aspirational people who want to feel amazing in what they wear and appreciate style, quality and attention to detail.
We operate a fast-growing multi-channel business through a combination of standalone stores, franchised and licensed stores, concessions, ecommerce, wholesale and distributors. We are growing fastest outside of the UK and our international business is going from strength to strength. We now own and operate stores in Austria, Belgium, Denmark, France, Germany, Holland, Ireland, Italy, Spain, Sweden and the USA, with franchised stores in many more countries. We have nearly 600 points of sale in over 45 different countries and are adding to this at a rate of over 50 new locations annually. We have also entered a joint venture with Trendy International Group in China which will launch Superdry stores into the Chinese market.
Our global headquarters are based in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, UK and we have satellite offices in Aarhus, Barcelona, Brussels, Hong Kong, Munich and New York, with specialist sourcing offices in Istanbul and New Delhi. Our biggest growth area is online, where we operate ecommerce websites in over 20 different languages and ship to almost every country in the world.
Our ambition for growth is summarised by our strategic plan which will provide opportunities to drive significant increases in revenue. Our plan focuses on three key areas - building a global lifestyle brand; driving awareness of the breadth of the Superdry range; and building a broad cross-channel relationship with customers. It’s supported by the four key pillars of Embed, Enable, Extend and Execute, which define exactly how we will go about achieving our aims. As our product is at the very heart of what Superdry is all about, we are also focusing hard on our four key product attributes - design detail; quality obsession; innovation; and affordability. More about the detail of our strategic plan, together with our latest business and financial results, can be found on our corporate website www.supergroup.co.uk.
We aspire to be a great place to work and strive every day to make every Superdry store and office location a friendly community with a family feel, with fantastic training and development, and roles that are compelling, stretching and interesting. You can see films of many real Superdry colleagues from across the business talking about their experiences of working here on our careers website, www.careers.superdry.com.
On 26 March 2015, SuperGroup announced the acquisition of our North American business from our former licensee, which immediately gave us an estate of 15 stores and around 250 employees, with revenues of nearly $36m. We have a structured plan in place to return the business to profitability within 2 years, then drive a substantial expansion plan across the US, Canada and Mexico by 2020. We’ll also continue to develop our business in the territory through wholesale and ecommerce channels as we seek to increase our market share.
We are seeking to engage with talented and experienced branded fashion retail Store Managers on both coasts to pipeline for future roles. Whilst we are not actively hiring for current vacancies, we are extremely keen to form relationships with great people so we are able to move quickly when vacancies arise, as they will do in large numbers in the future.
The role of a Store Manager at Superdry involves assuming overall management responsibility for a store, ensuring exceptional operational and commercial standards within agreed budgets. Leading by example, the role focuses on maximizing and driving store sales, performance and profitability through the development, management, support and direction of the store team, ultimately delivering SuperGroup’s key business objectives.
- Proactively supporting the District Manager in the delivery of the retail strategic plan which delivers SuperGroup’s business objectives
- Delivering company standards, strategies and initiatives to achieve sustainable growth
- Achieving the stores sales targets by maximizing profits, minimizing costs and managing workforce budgets
- Delivering excellent customer service standards by example ensuring highly visible and effective customer service management at all times to drive continuous improvement
- Selecting, training, developing, reviewing, managing, coaching, supporting and setting direction for all members of the store team to ensure high performance and productivity at all times
- Driving and ensuring store compliance with company policy and procedures, taking a consistent approach with all team members ensuring operational efficiency at all times
- Ensuring brand image is driven and showcased by optimizing product visual merchandising and service levels
- Minimizing loss by ensuring all loss prevention procedures are followed
- Ensuring provision of a safe working environment to ensure staff and customer wellbeing
- Ensuring stockroom processing and replenishment procedures are in place, and that recalls and transfers are completed effectively
- Walking the shop floor regularly, talking with customers and team members in order to identify and resolve urgent issues
- Maintaining awareness of market trends in the retail industry, monitoring activity of local competitors
- Using independent discretion, judgment, and management skills during the majority of the time at work, and in all aspects of the job role.
What we’re looking for
- Substantial experience working as a Store Manager within the branded fashion retail sector
- Experience of recruiting, leading, managing and training teams effectively
- Demonstrable track record of improving sales figures and KPI achievements
- Experience of dealing with and resolving employment relations issues
- Experience of visual merchandising
- Experience of stock management
- Experience of working with Microsoft Office applications
- Preferably qualified in Retail Management
- Competitive package
PLEASE NOTE THAT BECAUSE THIS IS A PIPELINING VACANCY, WE MAY NOT RESPOND TO YOUR APPLICATION IMMEDIATELY. WE WILL REVIEW YOUR RESUME AND RESPOND WHEN A SUITABLE VACANCY BECOMES AVAILABLE.