Fourth Floor (FourthFloor.com) leads the fashion industry when it comes to recruiting, and sets the pace for others to follow. We partner with the biggest names in luxury, contemporary, active sports, children, accessories, beauty, and home. From freelance to direct hire, we pair our clients with trendsetting talent so they can stay ahead of the curve. We pride ourselves in building brands, and taking careers to the next level.
Leading Contemporary Brand is seeking a Technical Designer to join their team in the Flatiron District.
The Technical Designer will be responsible for executing tech packs, entering comments, participating in fittings, measuring garments, communicating with internal teams and overseas factories, and providing specifications.
This is a fabulous opportunity for an experienced and savvy designer to showcase his or her exceptional project management skills.
- Creating tech packs in RLM
- Developing technical sketches for POM
- Taking the lead on live fittings with cross-functional teams
- Communicating comments to vendors
- Contacting factories on measurement and fit
- Working with pattern makers on domestic styles
- Managing production and design timelines
- At least 3-5+ years of previous tech design experience
- PLM experience; RLM preferred
- Strong background knowledge of fabrics and fit
- Proficiency in Excel and Adobe Creative Suite
- Calm and composed under pressure
- Swimwear and RTW construction, patternmaking, and grading knowledge
- Detail-oriented and meticulous
- Deadline-driven with excellent follow-through
Please submit your resume to be considered.