West Coast Account Executive
With the ever-changing market environment, we are constantly evolving our processes and creating fresh areas of influence with our network of designers and clientele.
We are so proud to present to you 8th Story. With our roots deeply set in LA, ATLANTA, DALLAS and NY, we continue our growth and presence in the wholesale community curating a collective of brands who are dedicated to exceptional design and experience.
We are excited to have you join us in the next chapter of our story.
We are currently seeking a West Coast Account Executive as our business continues to grow.
This fashion forward individual will be responsible for the following (but not limited to):
Account management across multiple collections.
Manage excising customer base and open new accounts by identifying, prospecting and cold calling.
Maintain ongoing and updated target account list and goals by city.
Meet or exceed all sales goals and provide weekly updates on retailer challenges and opportunities.
Maintenance and distribution of weekly selling reports.
Travel to stores & attend tradeshows.
Coordination of all showroom activities during Market including set up, calendar management and ensuring showroom presentation is up to standards daily.
Sample management: Coordination of all incoming + outgoing requests while managing flow of samples with accurate database.
Order entry via FITS.
Handle all inquiries: credit memos, RA’s, re-orders, order confirmations, shipments and chargebacks.
Research and perform competitive analysis; monitor relevant trends and communicate to internal partners.
- Bachelor's Degree STRONGLY preferred
- Strong existing relationships with west coast specialty and major accounts
- 2-4 years’ experience in wholesale sales with proven track record in contemporary fashion and premium denim a plus
- Road warrior who is comfortable with travel and is familiar with West Coast territory.
- Strong sense of trend and ability to merchandise
- Advanced experience in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and PowerPoint.
- Solid understanding of retail math including mark-up, sell-through, OTB and gross margin
- Ability to analyze selling, data and translate into immediate results
- Well-spoken and confident when speaking to accounts and vendors
- Self-starter with high-energy, outgoing and dynamic personality
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Superior organizational and presentation skills
- Able to prioritize efficiently and strive in a deadline driven environment.
- MUST have the ability to work within a close team oriented environment
- MUST have an understanding that seasonal selling periods REQUIRE A certain amount of flexibility within a work day (some evenings/weekends)