Account Director, Beauty PR
JBCStyle is the leading full-service recruiting agency with a focus on the Fashion, Beauty, Action Sports, Retail and Home industries.With over a decade of experience matching key brands with their ideal candidates, we are uniquely positioned to support our clients looking for top talent and or candidates looking to take the next step in their career(s).
Company: Well known, luxury PR agency
Title: Account Director, Beauty
Location: New York, New York
- Work closely with clients to develop compelling PR programs that drive brand awareness and purchase behavior.
- Maintain strong relationships with key beauty editors at major long and short-lead publications, websites, blogs, etc.
- Develop pitch calendar and regularly pitch editors relevant story ideas that both align with their editorial focus and support client brand strategy.
- Develop, write and edit PR materials
- Manage the production and approvals of videos, photography, digital press kits, and other PR tools necessary to communicate brand image and product information.
- Develop outreach strategy for television press, including media training and spokesperson management.
- Manage budgets and ensure timely accounting and payment of all invoices.
- Ensure sample ordering and replenishment is properly managed.
- Manage PR activities for clients participating in NYFW including editor outreach, backstage interview, trend reports, etc.
- Partner with events team and outside vendors to ensure seamless execution of brand vision and deliverables.
- Ensure positive communication with clients and international offices
- Participate in client meetings and calls
- Engage in department and agency initiatives as needed
- Possess good understanding of all internal communications strategies, tools and systems to ensure alignment with overall brand messaging.
- Able to drive both internal and external communications when needed
- Acquire knowledge and skills to work with Fashion GPS within all relevant areas (sample beauty trafficking, gifting, events, database)
- Potential international travel (not guaranteed)
- Must have an understanding of the cosmetic industry, fashion trends and pop culture
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) and minimum of 5 years related experience
- Social media savvy and actively engaged in multiple social media platforms (Facebook Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, FourSquare, etc.)
- Strong communications skills, excellent writer and editor, confident presenter; experience pitching television a plus
- Having a visionary and opportunistic approach to new business development
- Highly organizational with strong ability to multi-task, prioritize, meet multiple deadlines simultaneously, with a good dose of common sense and initiative
- Proficiency in a foreign language a plus.
- Prerequisites include strong managerial and organisational skills – together with the Vice President to oversee, manage, and develop all tasks and responsibilities of Coordinator, and Assistant
- A responsive and understanding approach to client management
- Creative and strategic thinker
- Able to identify communication opportunities through a pro-active approach
- Strong computer skills including Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint, Fashion GPS