Accounting Manager, North America
Country : USA
State : New York
Town : New York
Category : Finance
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Decision Making - Indicate type of decisions typically made and the overall impact of those decisions.
Problem Solving - Indicate the nature of problems regularly encountered and the complexity of the solutions.
Independence of Action and Accountability - Indicate the general degree of independence which may range from closely monitored to setting direction.
Budget Responsibility - Indicate degree of financial accountability. Include actual amount of operating budget and/or cost savings. Include net sales plan responsibility, if applicable.
Leadership - Indicate management responsibility including planning for the department's future needs, operations, hiring, performance management, salary decisions, talent planning, etc. (i.e., one team, multiple teams, etc.).
- Support the month-end and quarter-end financial statement close process, including assisting brand finance and third-party accounting teams
- Prepare/Review journal entries on a monthly basis
- Prepare/Review account reconciliations on a monthly basis
- Partner with the OneSource Team to ensure day-to-day execution of Master Data, P2P, OTC, and R2R work streams align with North America goals and objectives
- Lead evaluation of transactions for appropriate accounting treatment
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert for certain accounting related activities and transactions
- Partner with FP&A team during the planning and budget process
- Ensure compliance with SOX control framework and Company Policies
- Proactively identify and implement process improvements
- Communicate with various internal (e.g., Brand Finance, OneSource) and external (e.g., audit firm, Genpact) teams
- Support annual internal and external audits
- Contribute to the preparation and distribution of monthly financial reporting packages to senior management and corporate team
- Investigate reporting discrepancies and communicate issues in a timely manner
- Collaborate with Brand Finance and other corporate finance departments in researching and answering questions about financial results.
- Continually develop, expand, and improve month-end close and financial reporting procedures
- Perform and lead ad hoc accounting and finance requests and special projects, as assigned
- 5+ years of related experience, preferably in consumer products
- Active CPA license required
- Big 4 experience a plus
- Highly proficient in analysis and interpretation of financial statements
- Must be highly technical; MS Excel, SAP, and CPM skills strongly preferred
- Possess a strong sense of urgency and high attention to detail
- Ability to organize, prioritize and execute against tight timelines
- Highly organized detail-oriented individual with strong sense of ownership
- Self-starter with high emotional intelligence and intellectual curiosity
- Strategic, analytical, and agile thinker with problem-solving skills
- Ability to comprehend both big-picture and minute details
- Strong understanding of US GAAP (including ASC 606, fixed assets, prepaids and accrued expenses)
- Strong understanding of SOX financial controls
- Strong understanding of SAP and Hyperion Financial Suite
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) and team player Builds Collaborative Relationships: Builds relationships based on trust and respect. Promotes the inclusion of diverse knowledge, skills, and experiences to achieve results.
Demonstrates Learning Agility: Ability to anticipate change, face reality, draw conclusions, and swiftly mobilize to adapt to changing needs and demands.
Strives for Excellence in Execution: Proactively seeks ways to improve personal and organizational effectiveness to meet current and future business needs. Learns equally from successes and failures.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. It is Company's policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances. The Company will endeavor to provide a reasonable accommodation consistent with the law to otherwise qualified employees and prospective employees with a disability and to employees and prospective employees with needs related to their religious observance or practices. Should you wish to apply for this position or any other position with the Company and you believe you require assistance to complete an application or participate in an interview, please contact USApplicantAccommodations@Estee.com.