Accounting Operations Manager North America/Whq
Country : USA
State : Oregon
County : Washington
Town : Beaverton
Category : Production - Quality
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
WHAT WILL YOU WORK ON?
On a monthly basis, your team will systematically perform the closing of the books for North America and a handful of other legal entities, lead all aspects of NIKE's manual journal entry policy and controls, and then use reporting tools like Alteryx and Tableau to communicate results directly to senior leaders. You'll manage a team of three to help you get all that done while helping them develop their own NIKE career. You will also have the opportunity to lead projects developing and implementing great ideas to make our processes and policies better!
WHO WILL YOU WORK WITH?
You'll be the point person between various Finance and Controlling teams to ensure a timely and efficient close. You'll quickly communicate problems to our Tech teams, global counterparts, or other business partners as needed, and help troubleshoot issues as they arise. This includes educating partners inside and outside of Controlling about NIKE accounting policy and internal controls to avoid errors and control deficiencies. Teams will appreciate your ability to connect the dots between their work and how it could impact closing the books (like running required system batches, or closing a sub-ledger on time).
- 2 additional years of experience in lieu of a degree
- 6 years' work experience in Operations, Finance or related functions
- Ability to communicate effectively to a variety of audiences
- Demonstrated critical problem solving skills
- Self directed with the ability to navigate the matrix
- Attention to detail and ability to handle multiple tasks under time constraints
- Demonstrated experience implementing ideas/tools to improve processes and policies
- Experience with SAP, Alteryx, Tableau or Blackline is helpful
- Leading and coaching direct reports is a plus
- Experience with large scale project implementation and documentation is preferred
- Public Accounting experience is a plus
- Experience at a Fortune 500 multinational company is a plus
- CPA preferred