Accounts Receivable Coordinator
JBCStyle is the leading full-service recruiting agency with a focus on the Fashion, Beauty, Action Sports, Retail and Home industries.With over a decade of experience matching key brands with their ideal candidates, we are uniquely positioned to support our clients looking for top talent and or candidates looking to take the next step in their career(s).
Title: Accounts Receivable Coordinator
Location: Venice Beach, CA
Company: Footwear company
The Accounts Receivable Collections will be responsible for a variety of accounts receivable functions including but not limited to invoicing customers, researching, analyzing and resolving deductions, applying payments, and reporting customer balances to sales and management. The ideal candidate will possess their Bachelor’s degree in a related field and have 5+ years of relevant work experience preferably in the footwear fashion/manufacturing industry.
- Process and apply payments – check, credit card, ACH, EFT and wire transfer.
- Analyze chargebacks, dispute when valid and work with other areas to find a solution for recurrent issues.
- Lead monthly chargeback meeting and present the results for the team
- Ensure cash application accuracy and efficiency by performing accounts receivable reconciliation.
- Send monthly statement to outstanding customers with past due invoices.
- Review weekly accounts receivable aging report to ascertain potential risk associated with delinquent accounts.
- Responsible for the management of account transactions in support of the receivables process, including establishing and maintaining account reconciliations.
- Collection calls and / or correspondence with delinquent customers.
- Work with Sales team and customer to resolve disputes and/or discrepancies on accounts.
- Establish and maintain effective communication with customers.
- Escalate unresolved customer account issues when necessary to accelerate the collection process.
- Work on customer’s portal(s) to obtain remittance files to apply payments and file any disputes with the customers.
- Assist with month end duties as needed.
- Perform other assigned tasks and duties necessary to support the Accounts Receivable Department.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or work experience equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years experience of accounts receivable collections experience or related role.
- Prior experience with US and Canada big box customers a big plus – Nordstrom, Bloomingdales, Macy’s, Saks, Amazon, etc.
- Strong analytical skillset and attention to detail.
- Results driven and team player.
- Strong proficiency with MS-Office applications, particularly Microsoft Excel.
- Outstanding organizational and follow-up skills.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Commitment to strong customer service.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize assigned responsibilities.
- Ability to strive in a fast-paced environment.
- Prior experience working with SAP is a plus.