Aeropostale Associate Merchandise Planner
Country : USA
State : New York
Town : New York
Category : Logistics
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Aéropostale offers competitive salary, flexible working schedule, generous discount, paid time off, medical/dental benefits, and an array of additional benefits. We also offer learning and development programs to acclimate new hires to our business, and to grow and develop our employees’ skills and leadership abilities. Being part of the Aéropostale team comes with perks, opportunities for growth, and the ability to be part of our amazing culture, and we are thrilled to share it all with our newest team members!
Department: Merchandise Planning
Reports To: Senior Merchandise Planner
Location: New York, NY
General Summary: The Associate Merchandise Planner is responsible for the strategic direction of inventory based on analysis of total brand departmental financials, historical data, and current product trends including Stores and Ecommerce channels. They will manage inventory through the use of various merchandise reporting tools, ensuring top sales and gross margin dollars are being met.
- Execute and communicate strategic merchandise financial plans and strategies that support the merchandising and financial objectives of the Company.
- With guidance, create pre-season sales, margin and inventory plans by department, class, and/or SKU to support product and financial strategies. Review with manager.
- Analyze historical data and current trends to recap business. Work to identify risks and opportunities by department and by class. In partnership with manager, create strategies to align inventory with Merchant partners.
- Aware of chase/commit calendar. Partner with merchandising & manager to provide sales trend direction & inventory projections for call dates.
- Develop item-level promotional and markdown strategies on a weekly basis. Partner with Merchandising & Merch Control to accuracy of system entry.
- Present in-season forecasts and action plans in open-to-buy meetings. In partnership with manager, create action plan based on forecast and lead discussions to management & cross functional teams.
- Hindsight in-season & post-season performance by category. Share results with cross functional teams, identifying opportunities and implement strategies for go forward season.
- Create and publish various weekly Merchandise Planning reports, including ad hoc recaps.
- Work with all levels of Planning & Merchandising from Assistants to President.
- Minimum of 2 years of Merchandise Planning or related financial/analytical experience.
- Global business analysis and strategic/innovative thinking skills.
- Ability to present data & influence discussion with executives, peers and members of cross functional team.
- Understanding of retail financial measurements across Stores and Ecommerce channels.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Flexible and adaptive to changing priorities.
- Strong listening, written and oral communication skills.
- Able to organize and prioritize workload to meet deadlines.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Microstrategy & planning tools/systems.
Click here to apply online