Aeropostale Senior Merchandise Planner E-Commerce
Country : USA
State : New York
Town : New York
Category : Logistics
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Aéropostale offers competitive salary, flexible working schedule, generous discount, paid time off, medical/dental benefits, and an array of additional benefits. We also offer learning and development programs to acclimate new hires to our business, and to grow and develop our employees’ skills and leadership abilities. Being part of the Aéropostale team comes with perks, opportunities for growth, and the ability to be part of our amazing culture, and we are thrilled to share it all with our newest team members!
Reports To: VP Planning
Location: New York, NY
The Senior Merchandise Planner- E-commerce is responsible for the strategic direction of sales and inventory based on analysis of current selling, departmental financials, historical data, and current market trends. They will manage the Ecom business through the use of various merchandise reporting tools, ensuring financial goals are met.
- Develop, execute and communicate strategic merchandise financial plans and strategies that support the merchandising and financial objectives of the Company.
- Have knowledge of pre-season sales, margin and inventory plans by department, class, and/or SKU to support product and financial strategies.
- Analyze historical data and current trends to recap business in both demand and fulfillment. Work to identify risks and opportunities by department and by style. In partnership with manager and cross functional team create strategies to meet financial objectives.
- Develop promotional and markdown strategies on a weekly basis. Partner with Merchandising, Planning, and Marketing to align priorities.
- Provide demand forecast to Planning, Marketing, and Ecom operations.
- Present forecasts and action plans in open-to-buy meetings. Create action plan based on forecast and lead discussions to management & cross functional teams.
- Hindsight in-season & post-season performance by category. Share findings with cross functional teams.
- Run & publish various weekly & ad hoc Merch Planning reports.
- Work with all levels of Planning, Marketing, & Merchandising from Assistants to EVP.
- Works to become the voice of Merchandise Planning for Ecom.
- 5-7 years of Merchandise Planning or related financial/analytical experience. E-commerce experience is required.
- Global business analysis and strategic/innovative thinking skills.
- Ability to present data & influence discussion with executives, peers and members of cross-functional team.
- Understanding of retail financial measurements & impact to division & total company.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Flexible and adaptive to changing priorities.
- Strong listening, written and oral communication skills.
- Able to organize and prioritize workload to meet deadlines.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Microstrategy & Google Analytics.
Click here to apply online