Agile Product Owner - Selling & Payment Systems
Country : USA
State : Massachusetts
County : Middlesex County
Town : Marlborough
Category : Marketing
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
- Responsible for defining Stories and prioritizing the Team Backlog with possible direction from more experienced POs or the Product Manager
- Be part of team trusted to deliver dependable, innovative solutions to customers
- Works directly with product management, business sponsors, key stakeholders and agile scrum team(s) to ensure the solution meets the product vision and business objectives
- Translate business needs into user stories (and acceptance criteria) that teams can develop into finished deliverables
- Provides backlog management, iteration planning and elaboration of user stories along with driving estimations
- Ensures that the team always has an adequate amount of prior prepared tasks to work on, with possible direction from more experienced POs or the Product Manager
- Analyzes business processes and elicits and defines user stories using industry standard techniques
- May provide limited guidance to less experienced POs
- Provides backlog management, iteration planning and elaboration of user stories
- Act as the liaison between the business and/or Agile Product Manager and the Scrum/Agile Team
- Takes direction from the Agile Product Manager on Feature prioritization and decomposes into user stories.
- Refines the team backlog and ensures its visibility to stakeholders in order to prioritize user stories
- Supports a maximum of 1 Agile team
- Develops a strong understanding of targeted business operations and assists in the analysis of related business processes.
- Acts as customer proxy and works with product management and other POs to prepare for the PI Planning meeting (where relevant)
- Attends relevant Product Management meetings about planning and backlog/Vision refinement
- As a member of the extended Product Management team, the PO may be involved in Program Backlog refinement
- Participates in Team Demos and Retrospectives
- With some guidance from more senior POs plays a key role in producing the System Demo for program and Value Stream holders
- With some guidance from more senior POs, drives iteration goals and iteration content via prioritized stories
- With some guidance from more senior POs, drives the story elaboration process for the Team, and ensures there is always a minimum of 2 sprints worth of ready stories in the backlog.
- Ensures the team understands items in the team backlog to the level needed
- Ensures the team's iteration goals are aligned to the PI/TI Objectives
- Attends and actively participates in Team Ceremonies: Iteration Planning, Daily Scrum, Iteration Review, Iteration Retrospective
- If part of an Agile Release Train (ART) the PO attends and actively participates in Release Train Ceremonies: PI Planning, System Demo, ART Sync, Inspect & Adapt
- Collaborates with Product Manager (where these exist) and other Product Owners to define and coordinate feature development across other teams
- 2+ years of relevant experience in an agile delivery framework, strategy or requirement development or Product Owner role
- Relevant undergraduate BA, BS degree in IT or Business or equivalent experience
- Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) or SAFe Product Owner/Product Manager (where these exist) (POPM) preferred.
- Developing competency translating business needs into user stories that Teams can develop into finished deliverables
- Previous experience as a Product Owner, Business Analyst or similar knowledge of eliciting business requirements is required
- Good experience writing user stories and their acceptance criteria.
- Works directly with product management, business sponsors, key stakeholders and agile scrum team(s) to ensure the solution meets the product vision and business objectives.
- Ability to manage dependencies in and across sprints and releases.
- Collaboration: Works effectively with others; establishing and maintaining good working relationships.
- Competent knowledge of business analysis, project management, and product management concepts desired, along with an understanding of how enterprise software products are positioned and developed
- Good working knowledge of ALM tools, Jira and Confluence
We care about our culture, but we also prioritize the tangible stuff - competitive pay, great benefits, and a great group of people.
We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.
Nearest Major Market: Boston
Business Analyst, Product Manager, Project Manager, Technology, Operations, Marketing