Always on, Design Director, Clinique
Country : USA
State : New York
Town : New York
Category : Design
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
The Design Director, Always On will drive end-to-end creative design direction and execution for all agile digital and social content - a combination of evergreen social content to drive the brand, and specific program-driven content to support launches and high traffic moments such as Holiday.
This position will also partner with the Global Brand Creative team to provide expertise and input on specific Always On elements of 360º campaigns across multiple platforms to support overall brand strategy and product positioning.
Reporting directly to the VP, Creative Director, this role will be responsible for the development of Always On campaigns that demonstrate a peerless understanding of channel best practices while aligning to brand tone of voice and style. The right candidate will have strong experience across social media, ecommerce and video. They will oversee a team of 3-4 creatives, including a Copywriter and content 'makers'.
This person must have a true passion for what's happening now and next in social and digital platforms. They should be able to bring new ideas to the table, push the boundaries of what's expected and be a champion for data-backed experimentation and creative evolution.
- Collaborate with the VP, Creative Director to develop innovative, agile Always On concepts in line with best practices, brand strategy and campaign needs.
- Participate in Creative briefings, and partner closely with Marketing to fully understand a project brief in order to deliver on overall brand strategy.
- Be okay to challenge a brief where needed and provide alternative ideas and asset recommendations based on knowledge of a platform or media type.
- Be able to absorb, analyze and transpose briefs, data and insights into new and breakthrough creative ideas
- Once briefed - demonstrate the ability to concept, art direct, and execute breakthrough creative storytelling across social and digital platforms (from initial concept through final design execution and art direction).
- Be an excellent storyboarder - able to truly define the narrative and arc of a story on the page (you don't have to be a great artist!)
- Be able to share this vision with a large team of cross-functional partners. Be comfortable presenting, sharing and 'selling' your work.
- Lead and manage all aspects of Always On content production, including: concepting, storyboarding, casting, identifying and working with directors, videographers, animators, editors, and producers
- Be comfortable seeing a project through to the final end product
- Be able to work with the very tight timelines and fast turnarounds dictated by responsive social channels
- Ensure production quality and adherence to established criteria (i.e. budgets, schedules, briefs, brand standards) in partnership with the in-house production team.
- Partner with agencies as needed and supervise all outside services
- Provide guidance and direction on regional adaptions while understanding need for local nuance
- 7-10+ years of experience, ideally from an agency or in-house team with a focus on digital content, a broad range of budgets and an understanding of the importance of speed to market within these digital platforms
- Knowledge of - and passion for - best practices, popular culture and social media trends
- Proficiency within the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Premiere Pro and InDesign)
- Experience in multicultural and/or targeted marketing a plus
- Ability to balance entertainment and marketing/business objectives in creative content
- Ability to identify, analyze, and effectively critique content and storytelling
- Ability to manage the production process from concept to delivery, as well as manage a team
- Strong leadership skills, team spirited, and able to guide and develop team members
- Highly driven and energetic, proactive and takes initiative
- Superior organizational, time-management and interpersonal skills
- Drive for innovation and disruption with cosmetic and luxury mindset
- Awareness of emerging technologies. Proactively seeks diversification of knowledge, skills and abilities
- Deadline oriented and ability to self-manage
- Strong analytical and problems-solving skills; high attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. It is Company's policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances. The Company will endeavor to provide a reasonable accommodation consistent with the law to otherwise qualified employees and prospective employees with a disability and to employees and prospective employees with needs related to their religious observance or practices. Should you wish to apply for this position or any other position with the Company and you believe you require assistance to complete an application or participate in an interview, please contact USApplicantAccommodations@Estee.com.