Analyst, Supply Chain Emerging Leader Rotational Program
Country : USA
State : Colorado
County : Denver County
Town : Denver
Category : Logistics
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
- Work with Central, Origin, Inbound, and Outbound logistics, Customs and Trade, Operations, Distribution and Procurement to analyze data to develop recommendations for process improvements
- Perform moderately complex analysis of information, problems, and/or data under general supervision and make recommendations.
- Own and develop specific category sourcing strategies
- Execute sourcing processes
- Represent VF with third parties and manage supplier relationships
- Engage key stakeholders in sourcing processes
- Lead various mid-level supply chain projects, and works collaboratively across the SC organization to identify and recommend ways to streamline end-to-end processes
- Assess processes involved in daily inbound and outbound product flow within a distribution center
- Increase efficiency of the Distribution Center by participating in process improvement initiatives
- Work with distribution leadership to analyze key performance indicators that are collected to measure performance of the distribution center, and compute metrics involving moderately complex issues.
- Work with Operations (Supply, Demand, Replenishment, Forecasting, Planning, S & OP, etc.)
- Present and communicate information to senior levels of the organization
- Perform other assigned dutiesWe are a purpose-led company that seeks not only to succeed in business, but also to leverage our success and resources to make the world better. Through our brands and nearly 50,000 associates around the world, we power movements of sustainable and active lifestyles for the betterment of people and our planet. We are movement makers. It's who we are and have always been.
Powerful brands that are fueled by insights and innovation put us at the heart of our consumers' lives. Many of our brands lead their respective categories, and some have risen to iconic status.
While our company and brands are diverse, we work together within a One VF culture to capitalize on our greatest opportunities for long-term performance. Across our company, a collaborative, global mindset differentiates our products and the unique experiences we provide to our consumers. It all adds up to a lasting competitive advantage built on harnessing the power of our differences to achieve great things together, all while positively impacting the lives of hundreds of millions of people and the world.
As we proactively prepare for future talent needs within VF's Global Supply Chain organization, we have an opportunity to make a strategic difference by preparing for ongoing business success through outstanding contributors. The purpose of our Emerging Leader rotational program is to provide structured learning experiences to high potential individuals who add value and drive business success. Because of the program's broad scope, these rotations provide exposure to key elements of our world class supply chain, including logistics, distribution, operations and procurement. Over the course of 24 months, through four structured six-month rotations, you'll learn about VF's dynamic portfolio of brands and how we operate globally. You will also gain experience in and exposure to VF's premiere end to end supply chain.
VF Corporation is seeking 2 highly talented and career-minded professionals starting June 2020 with their initial assignment located in Denver, CO for the Supply Chain rotational program. Upon successful completion of the program, graduates of the management trainee program will be eligible for permanent placement into a VF SC Brand role and/or SC discipline located in North America. You must be willing to relocate.
Depending on your interests and the company you're interning with, you could be focusing on any number of areas including purchasing, inventory and distribution. Because of its broad scope, this internship offers a wonderful opportunity to gain exposure to several elements of a supply chainDepending on your interests and the company you're interning with, you could be focusing on any number of areas including purchasing, inventory and distribution. Because of its broad scope, this internship offers a wonderful opportunity to gain exposure to several elements of a supply chain
What You'll Gain:
- Personal and Professional Development
- Peer Networking Opportunities
- Meaningful real-world work experience
- Exposure to senior leadership and strategic business initiatives
Educational/ Position Requirements:
- Upcoming Undergraduate or Master's level degree in Supply Chain, Business, Management, Statistics, Engineering, or related discipline
- Strong ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Outstanding analytical ability
- Strong written and verbal communicator to various audiences including senior leadership
- Proficiency in MS Office Suites (Strong emphasis on EXCEL)Special Physical and/or Mental Requirements: Must be willing to relocate