Anthropologie Buyer - Decor
Country : USA
Region : Pennsylvania
County : Philadelphia County
Town : PHILADELPHIA
Category : Purchasing
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Anthropologie Buyer, Décor
DMM, Anthropologie Décor
Overview: The Anthropologie Buyer is responsible for creating an exciting and timely product assortment that meets and exceeds the sales volume and profit for their departments. This candidate will need to deliver the sales and profit plan for assigned classes through the precise execution of a well-conceived merchandise strategy. They intuitively respond to customer feedback, market trends and develop action plans that drive category specific growth and increased profitability.
- Develop a compelling assortment, based on store and direct strategies that meet/exceed sales volume and profits
- Analyze velocity reports and respond to current trends as appropriate
- Ensure key trends are well represented in the assortment. Test emerging trends for selling viability
- Shop domestic and international market to fill voids, check on current trends and identify “chase“ opportunities
- Responsible for managing inventory levels and flow
- Negotiate price to ensure mark-up goals are achieved
- Maintain clear vision of store and direct customer and their needs.
- Analyze velocity, attributes, and TY/LY. Manage OTB, markdowns, and inventory flow.
- Conduct in-season and post-season analyses to better evaluate and control the business.
- Clearly communicate current trends, opportunities, successes, and failures at best/worst meetings
- Maintain merchandising calendar relevant to Home
- Manage Buying team on daily sample management and collection of product information for style-outs, meetings, and photo shoots
- Train, manage, and delegate daily activities to Buying team
- 5+ years buying experience required
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage a business and team
- Must exhibit strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Entrepreneurial in spirit: Thinks and acts like an owner.
- The ability to recognize a new trend, item, look, and product early in its lifecycle.
- The ability to understand the magnitude of an opportunity and to translate that insight into an assortment and buy.
- An understanding for the Anthropologie customer and the shopping experience
- The ability to make the transition from strategic (conceptual and planning) to execution.
- The ability to develop and communicate a vision of the business that translates into bottom line performance.
- The ability to delegate and direct the daily activities and provide direction to the team
Some travel required.
Urban Outfitters, Inc. celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We believe strongly in fostering a safe, fair and respectful work environment. To ensure compliance with our non-discrimination and anti-harassment policies, we offer anti-harassment training to managers and employees.