Area Loss Prevention Manager (Alpm) - dd's
Country : USA
State : Georgia
County : Cobb County
Town : Marietta
Category : Logistics
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
At Ross and dd's, inclusion is a way of life. We care about our Associates and the communities we serve and we value their differences. We are committed to building diverse teams and an inclusive culture. We respect and celebrate the diversity of backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with us. Come join us as we continue our diversity, equality and inclusion journey!
The Area Loss Prevention Manager (ALPM) is responsible for protecting the assets of Ross Stores, Inc. while achieving shortage and safety goals for assigned stores/district(s)/area. This is done by managing, promoting, and directing all Loss Prevention initiatives and programs within the assigned group of stores and by developing and maintaining strong partnerships at the store, district, and zone levels. Through effective Operations and Human Resources partnerships, the ALPM implements company-driven shortage and safety solutions while providing regular direction and leadership to minimize operational shortage, mitigate theft and fraud, and maintain safe and secure environments for Ross associates and customers. At times, the ALPM will also work with other cross-functional groups to ensure integrated solutions positively impact shortage control and accident reduction initiatives. In partnership with Store Managers, ALPMs share supervisory responsibility for store-based Loss Prevention associates (Store Protection Specialists or SPS) and are involved in the ongoing hiring, training, development, and performance management of this team. Periodically, ALPMs may need to support the response to, recovery from, and future prevention of serious incidents within assigned market.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:Minimizing Operational Shortage
- Achieve shortage reduction goals for assigned stores/district(s)/area.
- Understand and respond to shortage processes (i.e. CNS, MOS, Front-End Operations, MPT, etc.) and analytics.
- Identify shortage risks through regular review of indicator reports; partner with stores to develop action plans to address/minimize operational shortage.
- Ensure all Loss Prevention shortage audits are conducted consistently and objectively, with a focus on continuous improvement through partnership and training.
- Strictly adhere to all budget guidelines established in stores/district(s)/area.Mitigating Theft & Fraud
- Aggressively identify, investigate, and resolve all internal and external theft and fraud, striving to minimize the impact of loss to the company and address new types of theft and fraud.
- Maximize utilization of all available merchandise protection tools and resources (including EAS, domes, alarm equipment, fitting room controls, shortage highway, etc.) to address loss in stores and throughout the company.
- Ensure consistent execution of all deterrence resources/tools to proactively combat external loss.
- Leverage exception and store reporting systems to identify theft activity (including cash shortage) in assigned stores.
- Drive resolution and case closure on all internal and external investigations, including timely follow up on internal leads from the corporate Investigative Analyst team or the Alertline process and external intelligence from other retailers or law enforcement groups regarding current market theft trends.
- Maintain appropriate confidentiality thorough internal investigations; partner with store/district leadership and Human Resources to address associate behavior and take corrective actions.
- Drive an impactful and effective SPS program by participating in store efforts to hire, train, and develop SPS associates in assigned stores/district(s)/area.
- Maintain accurate records and reports of all identified theft activity and related follow up; disseminate and communicate reporting as necessary.
- Drive store-level awareness of theft and fraud techniques as well as prevention tools/resources to mitigate future impact and loss.
- Share expertise on physical security and loss prevention systems through new store openings, remodels, and expansions.Maintaining a Safe & Secure Environment
- Drive achievement of accident reduction goals for General Liability GL) and Workers Compensation (WC) for assigned stores/district(s)/area.
- Conduct regular Loss Prevention safety audits for compliance of all accident and critical incident preventative standards and programs.
- Promote a safety-first culture by conducting regular store audits, supporting the proper utilization of safety incentive awards, and joining in safety celebrations for accident-free months.
- Participate regularly in store and district conference calls to bring greater awareness to safety initiatives and emergency/crisis response procedures.
- Execute effective crisis management and incident response; coach and train store leadership and associates on accident investigation findings, areas of opportunity, and future prevention techniques.
- Provide physical security expertise and ensure proper functionality of store-based security technologies including alarms, CCTVs, Intellex, etc.
- Regularly evaluate building integrity and partner with store management to follow up on any equipment failure.Developing Great Teams & Partnerships
- Train store leadership and associates, as well as Operations and Human Resources partners, on current Loss Prevention initiatives and programs.
- Assist store leadership in promoting awareness campaigns on shortage and safety control measures; regularly participate in key store meetings and recognition program activities.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with corporate Loss Prevention partners and field-based peers; share current store/market trends and provide feedback on current or proposed initiatives.Perform other responsibilities and projects as assigned.COMPETENCIES:
- Business Acumen
- Developing People
- Drive Results
- Planning & Organizing
- CollaborationQUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- BA degree or greater, preferably in Business or Criminal Justice.
- 5+ years directly-related, multi-unit Loss Prevention and/or Retail work experience.
- Experience in driving successful loss prevention, shortage control, accident reduction and fraud prevention programs.
- Self-motivated individual who can be successful in a fast-paced environment, with minimal supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong presentation skills.
- Must demonstrate the ability to be flexible and adapt to changing priorities.
- Excellent analytical skills and demonstrated ability to solve problems.
- Proven ability to make good decisions under pressure.
- Excellent organizational skills, detail-oriented.
- Maintains confidentiality concerning all information and projects.
- Values and exhibits the highest level of personal integrity.
- Must have proficiency in and knowledge of computer software including MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of and previous experience with Loss Prevention technologies (including CCTV systems and exception reporting systems) is advantageous.PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be able to travel
- Must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time (up to 8 hours per day)
- Frequent computer work required (up to 8 hours), involving repetitive arm/hand motions from keyboardingSUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Shared supervisory responsibility for up to 75 store-based Loss Prevention associates (Store Protection Specialists or SPS) within assigned stores/district(s)/area.