Area Manager - 2nd Shift - Newark, ca
Country : USA
State : California
County : Alameda County
Town : Newark
Category : Retail management
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Whether you’re a genius engineer, a phenomenal salesperson or a supply chain guru, we invite you to bring your unique talents and join our team. We’ve been on the Fortune™ 100 Best Places to Work list for more than 20 years because we reward great work, promote from within and celebrate diversity.
Our values are the core of who we are. They inspire our employees, delight our customers and bring our business to life every day.
A day in the life...
- Measure and manage employee actions and performance by aligning to strategic plans
- Complete warehouse operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results
- Support warehouse associates and daily activities which includes covering various shifts to support the department
- Motivate and develop teams, organize and encourage teamwork through collaboration and relationship building to ensure productivity targets are met or exceeded
- Recruit, select, onboard, coach/support and motivate employees
- Support the ongoing safety efforts to ensure all teams are working in a safe manner
- Strong working knowledge of warehouse systems and CI processes
- Time management skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skillsProficiency in Microsoft Office and WMS software