Area Manager Transportation - Wcoc - Riverside, ca
Country : USA
State : California
County : Riverside County
Town : Riverside
Category : Retail management
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Whether you’re a genius engineer, a phenomenal salesperson or a supply chain guru, we invite you to bring your unique talents and join our team. We’ve been on the Fortune™ 100 Best Places to Work list for more than 20 years because we reward great work, promote from within and celebrate diversity.
Our values are the core of who we are. They inspire our employees, delight our customers and bring our business to life every day.
A day in the life...
- Partner with Department Managers to ensure building awareness of business processes/changes
- Ensure that all support tasks for the department are completed in a timely manner
- Support strategic planning of all inbound/outbound carrier movement including domestic and international order fulfillment
- Interview candidates and hire the best talent for the business
- Manage employee performance while developing and inspiring the team. Train all employees
- Support, schedule, and supervise drivers and Yard Truck/LME program to include CDL acquisition, training, and communication of safety or policy changes
- Well-developed time management skills with the ability to multi task
- Minimum 1-year experience of WM and MS Office applications where needed
- The ability to demonstrate good judgment when making decisions
- A bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Supply Chain Operational knowledge or equivalent Transportation knowledge (preferred)