Area Manager, Visual Excellence
As part of the Brand Activation Visual Excellence team this job will provide leadership for a geographic group of stores to meet or exceed in Global Visual Merchandising standards. This position is responsible for the coaching of retail field visual merchandising teams to ensure execution of standards for both Visual Merchandising and In-Store Communication tools. The Area Manager will work with retail field leadership to integrate visual merchandising as a key contributor to the overall success of the stores.
- Lead the execution of all visual merchandising initiatives with planning and implementation guidelines. Drive flawless execution as the lead with store and field operations.
- Work closely with Brand Activation Visual Merchandising teams to execute brand standards at the area and store level
- Manage execution of training, communication & best practice processes into the market place to ensure Global consistency and excellence at the point of sale
- Manages all supervisory and managerial duties related to in-store Visual Excellence team in assigned geographic area, including: recruitment and interviewing, team development and coaching, performance management and assessment, leading and motivation, etc.
- Partners with Visual Excellence Trainers, as well as Retail Training Team, to identify and address all visual merchandising/excellence training needs for in-store teams including onboarding process, seasonal training, new initiative roll-outs, etc.
- Communicate clear expectations and guidelines to teams in order to successfully achieve targets
- Promote Visual Merchandising as a profit center contributor by maximizing the impact of space management, productivity of product flow, escalating allocation issues, and seasonal movement of product
- Positively communicates the North America retail mission, in synch with retail field leadership, while actively demonstrating confidence, creativity, and collaboration
- Knowledge of retail landscape, training methods, visual merchandising, retail marketing and presentation
- Strong project management and planning skills. Highly organized with demonstrated follow through capabilities.
- Knowledge and understanding of profit and loss statement and store KPIs to make commercial decisions based on sound financial judgment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to lead discussions in diverse groups of varying size
- Ability to think conceptually, in strategic terms and diagnose and translate sales/category reporting to an in store merchandising strategy
- Knowledge of customer service principles and processes
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrates an inspirational attitude that contributes to a positive team environment with the ability to inspire and motivate a team to achieve established objectives
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with team members
- Excellent MS Office skills
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- 4 year college or university degree in business, retail management, or related field
- Minimum 5 years experience working in a sports/fashion customer & commercial focused retail environment. Store management experience preferred. Equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree
- Minimum 2 years experience in managing high level retail visual merchandising and delivering consumer in-store experience
- Minimum 2 years experience managing people
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including evening, overnight and weekend shifts as well as ability to travel up to 60% of the time