Area Supervisor - Distribution Center
Country : USA
State : Pennsylvania
County : Cumberland County
Town : Carlisle
Category : Logistics
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
- Trains, assesses, motivates, coaches, and evaluates associates in all areas of job duties using established methods and standards.
- Establishes and maintains strong working relationships with other Area Supervisors, DC Operations Managers, and Human Resources.
- Ensures rapid, accurate movement and processing of merchandise using established-engineered methods and standards.
- Responsible for quality of work for all associates; regulars and temporaries.
- Enforces policies and safety regulations.
- Prepares associate evaluations and administers reviews with the assistance of the DC Operations Manager.
- Organizes and prioritizes daily work orders and staffing needs to meet production goals.
- Provides updates to DC Operations Manager on production planning information and needs/problems of the area.
- Conducts disciplinary meetings regarding job performance with associates, in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Performs job applicant interviews and makes hiring decisions.
- Participates in the separation process when direct reports are terminated.
- Works on special projects as needed.
- Maintains daily paperwork, such as time and production records.
- Assists merchandise processors with paperwork, ticketing problems and troubleshooting orders.
- Develops and monitors statistics pertinent to department productivity and service standards.
- Facilitates associate training/meetings for subjects such as safety, human resources, new process orientation, and other subjects as conditions necessitate.
- Other job duties as assigned.
- Interpersonal Effectiveness
- Planning and Organizing
- Technical Competence
Shipping & Receiving
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required.
- Familiarity with the following technical equipment: radio frequency/bar code scanners, and Rapid Pak System.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs. on occasion.
- Minimum of two years supervisory experience in a production or merchandising function.