Art Director: Bloomingdale’s, New York, ny
Country : USA
State : New York
County : Queens County
Town : New York
Category : Design
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
As part of our creative team, you'll bring our iconic brand to life. From copywriting to graphic design - Bloomingdale's is your destination for amazing opportunities.
The Omni Art Director will elevate and evolve our creative output while supporting the overall brand direction through strong concepts and a high taste level. The Omni Art Director must possess a deep understanding of best practices across multiple mediums including a strong foundation in UX and responsive design for digital, as well as the ability to design across various print vehicles. Strong collaboration skills are necessary to translate business strategy into impactful, creative solutions by working cross-functionally with Creative peers, Marketing, Site Merchandising and Fashion Office colleagues. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Exceptional design and typography skills to elevate print and digital assets.
- Operate with a solid grasp of Bloomingdale's aesthetic.
- Mastery in Adobe Creative Suite - InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, XD. Competency in HTML, CSS, Premier, After Effects a plus.
- Assist with the conceptualization of new campaigns, pulling swipe and contributing to graphic direction to illustrate and sell ideas.
- Move projects from concept through execution to hand off, using existing templates or creating new ones, to enhance Bloomingdale's branding and storytelling.
- Projects include emails, paid and social media, digital look books, app assets, animation, branding and logo design, catalogs, outdoor, packaging, shopping bag design, magazines, newspaper.
- May also include design research, photo and video concepting, presentation decks.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
- Bachelor's Degree from a 4-year college or university.
- 5+ years related experience.Communication Skills:
- Practices open and continuous communication, values keeping others informed, effectively presenting information in a clear, concise manner.Reasoning Ability:
- Excellent leadership, facilitation, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work across functional lines and at many levels.
- Ability to think creatively, strategically and technically.Physical Requirements:
- Requires prolonged periods of sitting, with occasional standing.
- Occasionally requires walking, bending, reaching, hearing and talking.
- Continuous use of computers and other office equipment.
- Frequently lift/move up to 25 lbs.Work Hours:
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and Company needs.