Art Director - Digital
Country : USA
State : Ohio
County : Franklin County
Town : Reynoldsburg
Category : Design
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Works with the Creative Director and AVP of Design to guide the creative strategy and vision for the Bath & Body Works digital channels; Leads digital Design Team in concepting, designing, and producing assets for BathandBodyWorks.com as well as external marketing. Helps drive innovation and elevation on and off the Bath & Body Works website. Partners with the entire Bath & Body Works brand team to build the business and brand.
- Lead and art direct on-brand concepts, layouts, and experiences for BathandBodyWorks.com as well as email, the loyalty app and external marketing.
- Translate business and marketing objectives into designs that are clear, compelling, visually exciting, easy to use and emotionally engaging.
- Conceptualize and partner on digital presentations for seasonal initiatives and floorsets.
- Constantly generate ideas to improve the digital experience, functionality and build the brand and the business.
- Participate as a contributor to an interdisciplinary team that includes operations, merchandising, and marketing.
- Manage a design team, including daily workload and individual development. Set clear roles, responsibilities and expectations of all projects to ensure that the design output is brand appropriate, and all marketing requirements are completed on time, and with the highest standard possible, for both internal and external reviews.
- Develop design team by inspiring, coaching, and mentoring to continuously grow talent.
- Recommend process improvements and help document for the team.
- Work with Creative Director and Photo Art Director to strategize direction for marketing photo shoots.
- Artistic and creative talent - a strong sense of style with impeccable design fundamentals.
- Expert in idea generation and collaboration with copy and photography creative partners.
- Must be detailed-oriented, well-organized and able to thrive in deadline driven environment.
- Marketing sensibility - good understanding of the rapidly evolving marketplace and its direction.
- Proven ability to translate complex design challenges into clear, customer-friendly experiences.
- Ability to lead complex creative ideas by brainstorming and developing concepts to improve customer experience.
- Excellent knowledge of best practices for the digital space with a particular focus on online retail.
- Experience as a leader who is collaborative, inclusive, flexible and a good partner.
- Resourceful self-starter who gets things done.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication and presentation skills required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Fine Arts, Graphic Design, Marketing or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 5 years as an Art Director or Sr Graphic Designer with a minimum of 5 years digital design experience.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and MAC OS environment.
- Working knowledge of Keynote and/or PowerPoint.
- Experience in Digital Marketing and eCommerce design a must. Responsive Design/UX experience a plus.
- Leadership experience managing direct reports.
- Strong retail/fashion brand experience a plus.
An equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected category recognized by state, federal or local laws. We only hire individuals authorized for employment in the United States.