Art Director- Digital Ecomm & Social Content
Country : USA
State : New York
Town : New York
Category : Design
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Section 2: Job Summary
Responsible for establishing, expressing and implementing the creative vision for the brand through various digital mediums always ensuring that brand identity is maintained. Responsible for the digital creative output of PPD US DMI brands, under the direction of the AVP - Creative Lead. Will concept, direct, and assist in the execution of all DMI digital creative assets for E-Commerce, PPD Loyalty website, Pro-sites and Social channels across assigned brands. Working closely with the Brand Lead, and AVP - Creative Lead, ensure all executions adhere to the established DMI brand charter.
Section 3: Job Requirements
- College degree (BFA, BA, or AAS) in visual arts or other creative fields preferred. High school diploma required.
- 5+ years creative or related field experience, preferably with beauty industry.
- Proven experience in creative design for global brands required
- Exceptional knowledge of all social media channels and content that performs best within each required. This includes understanding of metrics and performance measures
- Proven experience in creating a consistent and comprehensive brand expression across multiple digital platforms required. Experience in print, retail and other mediums is a plus.
- Section 4: Judgment and Decision Making
This position requires limited supervision. An ideal candidate will work autonomously to complete projects and assignments as well as work cross functionally to achieve short and long-term brand objectives.
Section 5: Essential Physical Requirements
Office based role with long periods of sitting and computer work. Minimal physical activities, lifting up to 25lbs. required occasionally. Travel required up to 25% as well.
Section 7: Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Briefly describe 5-8 primary duties/responsibilities of the job. Please list these duties in order of importance and include the percentage of time spent or required for each activity
Supervisor Title: AVP - Creative Lead
Location: Terminal Stores - 606 W 28th Street New York, NY 10001
Proficiency in Adobe Creative suite (MAC-based)
- Able to set up and photograph in a studio environment (equipment not required)
- Exceptional craftsmanship skills and attention to detail
- Planning and anticipating project needs
- Ability to make quick decisions, problem solve and multi-task
- 2+ years Art Direction experience (managing and directing 1-2 Jr. Designers)
- Excellent written/oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills required to effectively manage relationships with diverse international internal and external contacts
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Strong execution, leadership and consensus building/decision making skills.
- Computer literacy on Windows, iOS, MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Language skills a plus.
- Ability to travel domestically periodically (max. 25%).
- Thorough knowledge of the creative process, including practical implementation, in order to effectively gauge workloads and deadline expectations.
- Ability to articulate clear business direction and strategies; to motivate and inspire creative team. Also, to liaise between different departments, participate in senior level management discussions and facilitate the creative process at all levels.
- Financial acumen to manage budgets for category specific creative executions (photoshoots, video production, etc)
- Knowledge of the fashion and beauty business preferred
- Previous experience creating assets for E-Commerce and Social channels a plus
Total should = 100%
- In conjunction with the AVP Creative Lead and brand creative leads, support PPD US DMI's brand identity and translate it throughout the entire creative process
- Lead the development and production of innovative, engaging, performance-driving assets and digital campaigns across PPD US DMI's Global E-Commerce, PPD loyalty website, Pro-site and global social channels.
- Manage product photography and retouching for all E-Commerce and social media assets.
- Direct design team in the execution of these assets to maintain consistency and best practices across all brands.
- Manage outside vendors including briefing, timing and budgeting for specific digital led projects
- Concept and execute post-production work, including text/graphic effects, web banners, GIFs, emails, social and partner site paid ads and homepage takeovers.
- Stay up-to-date on all best practices and top performing assets across all E-Comm and Social channels, to further maximize the impact of the assets you create.
Puts the consumer as the central focus
- Challenges the status quo and strives for excellence
- Innovates beyond the product
- Seizes what is just starting and opens new ventures
- Creates strategic scenarios for growth
- Leads transformation by aligning organization and human capabilities
- Takes accountability with courage and transparency
- Builds and manages a consumer/customer centric organization
- Gives space for initiatives and enables teams to take risks
- Delivers with integrity both sustainable and short term results
- Fosters a climate of trust and constructive confrontation
- Enhances transversal co-operation
- Actively networks for effective stakeholder management
5. People Developer
- Treats all individuals in a respectful and consistent manner
- Stimulates learning
- Empowers and develops individuals to contribute to their best
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.