Art Director, Gilly Hicks
Country : USA
State : Ohio
County : Franklin County
Town : Columbus
Category : Design
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Abercrombie & Fitch Co. is a portfolio of lifestyle brands including Abercrombie & Fitch, abercrombie kids, Hollister, and Gilly Hicks. Reaching customers across 120+ countries, we strive to create customer-centric omni-channel experiences for our global customer base.
Our core values and standards guide our behavior every day. Whether you lead yourself, a team, or the company, we believe everyone is a leader at A&F. We believe the people make the place. We are accountable and aim to the highest caliber. We coach, mentor, care, and bring our best selves every day because we are in this together. We are eager to understand and embrace change. We are relentless innovators who dream bold.
At Gilly Hicks, we encourage everyone to let go of who they "should be" & be exactly who they choose to be. We're looking for someone who's ready to take real ownership of a brand that's trying to be itself-just like you.
Grab the opportunity to start on the ground floor & be inspired to create amazing work with a creative, curious, strategic, diverse & collaborative team. Believe in the power of loving where you work, loving what you do & creating a brand that sets teens free. Your approach to immersive 360 global campaigns across all channels (in-store, digital, social, event marketing & PR) will move us closer to a world that lives & breathes authenticity, confidence & self-care. Because if you don't, then who will?
- Reporting into the GVP, Executive Creative Director of Hollister Co. and Gilly Hicks
- Set direction for brand's stylistic requirements, collaborating with cross-functional teams to establish clear project goals and responsibilities
- Manage project calendar to deliver on established due dates, budgets and project vision
- Translate desired moods, messages, concepts and underdeveloped ideas into imagery, copy, video, or other content
- Help to implement a creative organization that supports a content-led marketing strategy
- Work with internal and external creative teams on the aesthetic sensitivity required to judge layout, type, photography and video
- Act as a brand ambassador within the A&F organization, clearly and effectively presenting ideas and projects to all levels of leadership (up to/including executive team)
- Proactive approach to problem solving and improving department processes
- Strong organizational and communication skills, self-sufficient and detail oriented
- Possess a "can-do" attitude, ready to roll-up sleeves and participate at all levels
- Ability to work well in a high pressure deadline driven environment
- Seeks out feedback for improvement and is consistently pushing self to evolve
- A solutions based person
- Someone who is current on social media trends
What will you need to bring?
- Bachelor's degree in Design, Photography, Advertising or related field required
- A strong sense of curiosity and desire to learn
- Strong ability to build open, collaborative relationships with both internal and freelance creative and production teams
- Minimum of 5+ years of art direction experience in fashion retail or related industry
- Experience working in an iconic, branded environment for an international organization
- Experience working with layout for print and digital media with and directing, training and guiding other layout artists and copywriters
- A strong eye for quality and trend as it relates to the Abercrombie & Fitch brands
- Experience managing and collaborating with large cross-functional teams