Art Director Sale & Outlet
Country : USA
State : New York
Town : New York
Category : Design
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Kate Spade New York is part of the Tapestry portfolio - a global house of brands powered by optimism, innovation, and inclusivity.
As an Art Director, you will ensure consistency with the brand's aesthetic and lifestyle messaging. This person will own, concept, create, design and drive process, curate and produce compelling original assets in collaboration with key cross-functional partners throughout the company. This person will also work on larger business campaigns to bring kate spade product to life.
The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in art direction to...
- Support the conception and direction of seasonal campaign shoots for Outlet
- Translate strategic ideas into compelling and innovative creative concepts that engage the customer and promotes brand's relevance and desirability across multiple channels
- Work closely with cross-functional partners to build understanding of seasonal messaging strategies to develop concepts, designs and art direction
- Work closely with production team on all shoot preparation, ensure execution aligns with concept, and oversee completion of assets.
- Supervise projects handled by the email production team for sale and email executions as well as the Outlet creative team including design, editorial, and digital collateral. Serve as a design leader, providing guidance and feedback to designers.
- 6+ years of relevant industry experience
- 3+ years leading and managing a creative team
- Exceptional management skills
- Expert in photoshop, illustrator, indesign, and sketch. Knowledge of After Effects a plus.
- Exceptional typography skills
- Ability to concept & art direct photo shoots
- Strong presentation skills
- Experience in digital design
- Process and detail oriented
Our Competencies for All Employees
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in their team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
- Managerial Courage: Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.